Forum Jump:

Just getting home amd neighbors dead tree has fallen into my yard and took down the
Powerline to my house
(01-09-2024, 04:13 PM)Replying to Smokindawg

at :24

Dang.
Some jumper cables and duct tape should get you up and running in no time
That's your tree now. You will need to send a thank you note to the tree distribution system, or they will keep sending you trees thinking you're not getting them.
You can stick your tongue on the end of the downed line to see if it’s still hot.
I got one my neighbor is about to gift me. Huge pine that has been dead for 3 years.
I cut one of my neighbor's dead trees (an 80 foot pine about 20" in diameter) about 3 foot on their side of the property line while they were out of town, because it could have hit my house if it fell.

Cost me $600, but that was a bunch less than the deductible on my insurance had it hit my house.

Neighbor never even asked what happened to the tree.

I split the wood for campfires in my firepit.  Dead pine not much good for anything else.
Dead tree, their fault. Live tree act of god.
[Image: iOvLDN1.jpg?1] [Image: 1VWtPlw.jpg?1] [Image: CK0zHIu.jpg] [Image: yTj6tPw.jpg?1] [Image: Nhc7kqD.jpg?1] [Image: J3gH23f.jpg?1] 
[Image: XL6hRLC.jpg?1] [Image: 5sF0KCy.jpg] [Image: Krtkq7L.jpg?2] [Image: zhgbCrH.jpg?1]
If it was dead, it’s their responsibility…

(01-09-2024, 05:18 PM)Replying to Top Row Dawg

Exactly..good luck getting them to pay up though..get a pic of the dead tree..
(01-09-2024, 04:13 PM)Replying to Smokindawg

Good work, Smokindawg.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
I had a dead tree top fall into a neighbor's yard years ago, so I cut it up and got rid of it because I felt it was the right thing to do, he was in his 70s. A couple of years ago I noticed a neighbor's dead tree limbs hanging over my utility shed in the back, I pointed it out to him and he had a tree cutter come and take the limbs down. I'm now in my 70s, I guess what goes around comes around.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-09-2024, 05:18 PM)Replying to Top Row Dawg

Right ON!!!!!