Forum Jump:

Temperature dropped to 23 now from 32 when I came to work.
Also, I have realized I am becoming my grandfather and I am obsessed with the weather.
Do you eat your cornbread with buttermilk out of a tin cup? I still can't do the buttermilk. Give me some sweet milk and I'm in
(01-16-2024, 10:50 AM)Replying to JimDandyDawg

Buttermilk, yeah, my Granddad turned me on to that in the 60's and 70's....if he didn't have cornbread, he would substitute Fritos....surprisingly a good substitute.
(01-16-2024, 10:58 AM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

Buttermilk, yeah, my Granddad turned me on to that in the 60's and 70's....if he didn't have cornbread, he would substitute Fritos....surprisingly a good substitute.
[/quote]
Fritos?  Interesting.  I can sorta see it.
My dad would do that and put some pepper sauce (clear kind) and sometimes slices of a sweet onion. Lotta black pepper too.
(01-16-2024, 10:50 AM)Replying to JimDandyDawg

Buttermilk and Cornbread is whats happening..     Right ON!!!!!

Cornbread, Buttermilk, and a big slice of onion. Right ON!!!!!
I am not fond of sub 20 degree weather.  Was 18 degrees on my thermometer on the fence in back yard.  Like to froze my tail off taking care of my chickens.  Wasn't outside more than about 10 minutes. Took me 20 minutes to warm back up when I got back inside.

Chickens are cozy with a heat lamp in their coop.