Forum Jump:

Booney
We are in the catbird seat for your wishlist.

Would take an action of the president to make it so at this point in the semester tho...and it's not something that the academic side nor accreditation bodies like to see.
(01-17-2024, 10:13 AM)Replying to bNe

https://giphy.com/clips/southpark-south-...Kz96KzDix7
You're exactly right and this is the thing I mentioned in my post earlier. We are about to find out how much support Kirby gets from the high tower. Could be a ton of "reading between the lines" gained from what happens here.

Now, there's more afoot than just the academic hurdles....but, if he wants to come here, this could be interesting. I'm guessing the hay is in the barn one way or another.
(01-17-2024, 10:23 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

Yep but does Downs really have to go to spring practice?
Go Dawgs!!
(01-17-2024, 10:23 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

I'd imagine they already have the academic side worked out if the pursue Downs.  Our guy doesn't seem to leave important details to chance.  I could be wrong, but Kirby's past says they're gonna have their bases covered if Downs chooses Georgia.
(01-17-2024, 11:53 AM)Replying to Shadrach

I'd imagine they already have the academic side worked out if the pursue Downs.  Our guy doesn't seem to leave important details to chance.  I could be wrong, but Kirby's past says they're gonna have their bases covered if Downs chooses Georgia.
[/quote]

Agree 100%!  I'm just saying it appears no one (Other than Kirby and some coaches) knows exactly where we are.   I'm hearing it's likely he comes here.   But, for all any of us know... academics could still be a hurdle...   However, I agree that Kirby SHOULD have all that worked out.   I guess we will see soon.   This thing can't drag out too far if he's coming to UGA.
Possible scenarios assuming he wants to play for the G

- Maybe some online classes that start mid semester?
- A waiver by the president - wont go over well with SACS and the faculty
- Miss spring ball and enroll in the summer.

All i know is he cant practice nor participate in team events (like organized conditioning) unless he is enrolled as a student and that means actually taking classes. We do not need antoher J## K### situation here. Set the program back over a decade imo.
Got my fingers crossed for it to happen some way. Bama fans out here have been worried since mid-season that Saban was leaving and they would lose players. They mentioned Downs to UGA was a worry and that is what got my hopes up.
[Image: 416038776_10224235589974255_574664521183...e=66809096]