Forum Jump:

Sayin hitting the portal. Bama fans on suicide watch….
I’ll say this, DeBoer is not finishing in his recruiting efforts of existing players.
(01-19-2024, 08:36 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

Damn, that's a big one...I expected him to take over after Milroe shows his competence. Maybe the Washington kid is coming in to start

Wow! I bet that will trigger a couple more to port out.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin."
If they win anything this year folks can't say they did it with Saban's players - link from the twitters
[Image: giphy.gif]
That program is experiencing what every program experiences with HC turnover. To make it worse, their former HC is the GOAT, and Alabama as a program is lesser without him. He made Bama in the last 17 years. Alabama didn't make him. Their super powers have been turned off.
(01-19-2024, 09:10 AM)Replying to Shadrach

Spot on with this!  Stallings was solid, but, Bama didn't really become what they were since the Bear until Saban.  I have no doubt the same thing happens to us when Kirby leaves...maybe not quite as bad.  I still think Bama should have known this was coming bringing in a coach from across the country that had no ties here.   As much as I wouldn't have wanted Dabo, I bet he would have been able to hang onto some of these guys.
They went with who they thought was the best coach. Playing the long game, which is the right approach. Can't hire someone to save a class. If he's good and they are successful, they'll come back.
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
(01-19-2024, 09:22 AM)Replying to DawgWood

That's true too...can't argue with that.  Still hard to believe he was/is the best candidate.
I think this will be closer to when Dooley retired and Erk wasn't considered and Ray Goff took over. He started out close enough and had decent recruiting but it gradually slid into
a royal mess. I know there were other factors, but this is how I see dynasties falling...not overnight and immediate but a slow slide downhill. Like Carthage at the end of it's 800 year empire.
(01-19-2024, 09:27 AM)Replying to FeralDawg
Right?  I get the comment about this for the long haul and I don't disagree.   But, Bama has lost/is losing enough talent already off the '24 team to likely miss the 12 team playoff.   Between grads and portal losses.   He's going to have to pull together a couple of monumental portal/freshman classes just to get the talent level back to championship caliber.   Now, the other side of the coin is...he won with lesser talent at Washington.  We'll see how it shakes out I guess.
I hope Deboer tries to turn Milroe into a RB if he stays. Will be hilarious to witness!
It will take a lot of convincing to get Mississippi State to beat that Crimson ass, but I think Tejas, Ole Miss, & tAMU will all have a fair shot. I would
put LSU in that bunch but with Jayden Daniels and a few others leaving them and the defense having to be completely rebuilt I would not bet on it.
If the Auburn game was at Jurdunce Hairs Stadium I would not bet on the Tide there this year but since it's at home anything goes.

Bama schedule

Western Ky
USF
@Wisconsin
Georgia
@Vandy
South Carolina
@Tennessee
Missouri
@LSU
Mercer
@Oklahoma
Auburn

[Image: GEAqUoAW8AAtuuB?format=jpg&name=large]

Thy must be in bad moods. Dang.

(01-19-2024, 09:10 AM)Replying to Shadrach

You're exactly right.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
(01-19-2024, 10:41 AM)Replying to ToccoaDog

I see 7 games that will be interesting if not very challenging for the Laundry Detergent without Saban, all his 5 stars that have left, and the favorable calls Saban has been able to influence/ coerce from officials. 

It would be very unlikely, but not impossible for them to not be bowl eligible.  Much more likely they could lose 3 and not make the 12 team playoff.
(01-19-2024, 10:53 AM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

I see 7 games that will be interesting if not very challenging for the Laundry Detergent without Saban, all his 5 stars that have left, and the favorable calls Saban has been able to influence/ coerce from officials. 

It would be very unlikely, but not impossible for them to not be bowl eligible.  Much more likely they could lose 3 and not make the 12 team playoff.

I could see them lose 3 and still make the playoff because the Bama deference will still be alive and ESPN would think it would be great story for them to be in the playoff with a new coach.
[/quote]
(01-19-2024, 09:37 AM)Replying to DawgNatty
Right?  I get the comment about this for the long haul and I don't disagree.   But, Bama has lost/is losing enough talent already off the '24 team to likely miss the 12 team playoff.   Between grads and portal losses.   He's going to have to pull together a couple of monumental portal/freshman classes just to get the talent level back to championship caliber.   Now, the other side of the coin is...he won with lesser talent at Washington.  We'll see how it shakes out I guess.
[/quote]
He won AGAINST lesser talent as well.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(01-19-2024, 11:05 AM)Replying to GriffWoody
[/quote]
He won AGAINST lesser talent as well.
[/quote]
Great point!!