Forum Jump:

These guys comin' to St Aug
Haven't heard their name in 20yrs...
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
I remember back in the day they would get invited to all sorts of Southern Rock festivals and such, and their style/genre of music totally did not and does not fit. It was for that reason alone that they changed their name to "The Dregs". 

I also have not heard anything out of them in forever.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(01-19-2024, 11:11 AM)Replying to DawgWood
One of Augusta's finest bands. Friend of mine's older brother went to HS with Steve Morse. Was cool as hell to sit in his big brother's room and listen to music with Steve.
(01-19-2024, 12:27 PM)Replying to Zolotisty
One of Augusta's finest bands. Friend of mine's older brother went to HS with Steve Morse. Was cool as hell to sit in his big brother's room and listen to music with Steve.
[/quote]

I didn't know they originally came from Augusta. That's cool. The only thing I remember is that they formed at the University of Florida (I think that's right).
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(01-19-2024, 01:04 PM)Replying to RockmartDawg
[/quote]

I didn't know they originally came from Augusta. That's cool. The only thing I remember is that they formed at the University of Florida (I think that's right).
[/quote]
Started out as Dixie Grit in Augusta then became Dixie Dregs. Steve got kicked out of ARC for refusing to cut his hair. He was quite the rock star in his HS days. Think he went to U of Miami and the Dixie Dregs hit it big after some of his college friends joined the band.

They would come back to Augusta 2-3 times a year and play after they signed with Capricorn. Steve was a true 70's Guitar God, at least around his hometown.
Cool.
(01-19-2024, 11:11 AM)Replying to DawgWood
We saw them many many times in Athens and Macon. Day-um!
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]