Forum Jump:

Beck
Fornelli likes Carson

Specifically, here’s what he said:
Carson Beck, QB, Georgia: Few QBs in the country impressed me more than Beck in 2023. He looked a bit timid early in the season but flipped a switch and became one of the better passers in the country. Honestly, some guys may go in the first round this year that I'd prefer Beck over. He has a legitimate chance to be the No. 1 pick next season.

And Starks...
Malaki Starks, S, Georgia: Georgia had an incredible secondary this season, and it might be better in 2024. Starks is a dream prospect at safety. He possesses everything you want in a player from a physical and talent perspective, and he combines it all with the mentality of a player who could be a captain of your defense for a decade. He's easily one of my favorite players in the country, regardless of position.
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
We are going to be loaded this year, which is good considering our murderer's row schedule.
[Image: thankstodd.jpg]
I'm not sure I buy the "even better in the secondary this year". Starks is an All-America, and I think we'll be fine at corner. I'm worried about the other safety spot and #23's replacement is going to have enormous shoes to fill.
(01-23-2024, 11:10 AM)Replying to Concourse E

I think Lassiter will be harder to replace than Smith.  #3 didn't give up a TD
God stuff- Thanks DawgWood.
(01-23-2024, 11:19 AM)Replying to Toasty B

I think Lassiter will be harder to replace than Smith.  #3 didn't give up a TD
[/quote]

Yeah Lassiter was big time....it is why Everette looked bad at times....I think Everette turns a corner this year
We need DL to make it all work.

NEED - not want but NEED.