Forum Jump:

Are the Falcons trying to set a record or cover their ass...
for the number of coaches interviewed??  Their search, like most of the years of the franchise, has become a bit comical.  

I know my bud BNE is a Falcons fan (I'm a recovered Falcons fan), so, I don't want to be too harsh with this post.  But damn, why is it so hard for these guys to get something right?  

I heard today, maybe you guys did too, that Mackay is the guy that lots of these coaches don't want to work with.  BB is one example.  

I kind of agree with Chuck N Chernof, the upshot to Belichick is...he isn't going to be there more than 3-4 years no matter what. 

I totally GET talking to everyone...I don't AT ALL get calling everyone back for a 2nd interview.  

All joking aside, I would like for them to get it right and win something...
Seems like all the teams looking are doing it.  Except save the Titans who just made a hire.
They're gonna fuck this up. The more I see of Blank the more I believe that Farrah and Marcus were the brains. And yes, I've met Blank multiple times.
Disconnect between owner, Mckay, and football operations people.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(01-23-2024, 04:14 PM)Replying to Shadrach

I mean, my take is...they're the Falcons!  Over my lifetime they've always found new and creative ways to fuck stuff up!!  

I haven't met Blank in person, I did use the locker next to his at East Lake once.  ...so, I got that going for me.  Smile 

And, no doubt in my mind Marcus was the brains...for multiple reasons.
IMO

I dont think Blank has too many years left and wants a ring. I take their approach to the search as a good thing and being as thorough as they can to make sure they go after the best person in his mind for the job.

I similar to BB want McKay gone.

I have no issues with BB as a potential head coach of the falcons. He is the GOAT. The organization can learn quite a bit from him 4sure. A lot of pieces are in place already and we have the CAP room to add more.

A good QB and we are instantly a playoff team. Instantly. Doesn't have to be a great one - just a good one.

Conventional wisdom is with BB we go after Cousins or Wilson and we try to win it all now.

If we go after some young up and comer than we likely draft a QB HIGH - and that is not what i want us to do.......so that makes it the most likely scenario imo.
(01-23-2024, 04:26 PM)Replying to bNe
Solid take and comments!!!  Agree with everything you said...

Like they said on the radio today...I'd take BB making decisions over Mckay any day.  I think he'd be a solid hire.  

I agree on the QB too... I'm still thinking they pull a really dumb move and trade that #8 for Fields.  I don't even care IF they trade for him as long as it's lower draft picks.   ( I don't think he's the answer).

I don't trust any of these college QB's...Daniels would be my pick..but, he's not built for the NFL...yet.
Worse imo is that We trade up and draft Bo Nix.

Ima be sick just thinking about it.
(01-23-2024, 04:34 PM)Replying to bNe

Oh Lort!!!!  Didnt even know that was being talked about!!!  

Now THAT might be the most Falcons thing ever!  Holy moly!!  Someone should be shot if that happens.

Far too optimistic view of their roster.  Defense had plenty of issues closing out games.  QB was mishandled because Ridder should have started every game in '22. But, they're the Falcons.  They grow mistakes like farmers grow corn.  Starts at the top.
Defense ran out of bodies due to injuries. Combine that with the offense putting them out t here as frequently as they did and its easy to see why it appears the D struggled to close out games. IMO it is pretty much that simple.

QB is bad and none of the QBs on the roster are playoff caliber starting QBs. Ridder demonstrated a low football IQ time and time again. An extra year would not have changed anything with him imo.
Fields would just be a taller, bigger ridder imo and he aint the answer either.
(01-23-2024, 04:45 PM)Replying to bNe

they are both 6'3"
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/423...ond-ridder
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/436...tin-fields
(01-23-2024, 04:11 PM)Replying to DawgNatty

is the Art Rooney rule still in effect?
(01-23-2024, 05:01 PM)Replying to Milldawg

about three teams have interviewed Raheem Morris...what do you think?
(01-23-2024, 05:03 PM)Replying to Toasty B

about three teams have interviewed Raheem Morris...what do you think?
[/quote]

I'm guessing that's who they will hire...because I think he is the WORST possible hire.

Far too optimistic view of their roster.  Defense had plenty of issues closing out games.  QB was mishandled because Ridder should have started every game in '22. But, they're the Falcons.  They grow mistakes like farmers grow corn.  Starts at the top.
(01-23-2024, 05:07 PM)Replying to DawgNatty

I'm guessing that's who they will hire...because I think he is the WORST possible hire.
[/quote]

A guy that has already been interim HC in ATL and didn't get the job in the off season search after that?
It doesn’t matter who they hire. They’ll still screw up and be losers.
(01-23-2024, 05:19 PM)Replying to Lobatt

Dammit Lobatz...we trying to change that shit.  Stay positive
They will Find a way to “falcon it up”