Forum Jump:

Anyone remember Torin Kirtsey?
Last time I saw him play he was 165lbs and punishing Clemson (1995).  

hit it
dang, sounds like he has had rough life. I don't think he was 165 playing for us, he was not undersized. But he definitely wasn't 275 like he is now.
I think the 165 lb guy was Tron Jackson. Kirtsey was bigger than that, around 200 iirc.
(01-24-2024, 08:23 AM)Replying to FtMyersDawg

Wow.....assume it is the same person. I wonder what the brain injury was from, don't think he played in the NFL.
I remember him. I think the situation arose that he... as a true freshman... was put into service due to injuries. In fact... I just looked it up... he was part of the infamous 1995 team (Goff's last team) which WAS decimated by injuries, academic casualties, etc. This was the year that Robert Edwards had been moved from DB to RB and had absolutely set fire before his early season-ending injury. It was only then that he was put into service.

I also remember him being somewhat small. Per some other sites I read he was 165 lbs.

According to this page he only played in the 1995 and 1996 seasons at UGA. Per this article he got in Donnan's doghouse in the 1996 season (Donnan's first year) and was transferring to South Carolina. I read another which said he ended up at Tennessee State.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(01-24-2024, 09:06 AM)Replying to RockmartDawg

Middle Tennessee had him listed on their roster at 5-11 190.  He was pretty much singlehandedly responsible for us beating Clemson in 95.
This is exactly the purpose of Richt's Paul Oliver program. I hope they find him and he gets the assistance he needs.
He was at UGA when I was there. I think he was committed to South Carolina and Goff got him to flip on signing day. He got on Donnan's shit list because he had been tampering with smoke detectors or some shit, likely trying to burn one down in his dorm room. Led to his suspension and eventual transfer to South Carolina. I think he was pretty crazy back then. I don't know if he ever actually made it to South Carolina, but he went to MTSU and set a single game rushing record of 251 yards. Don't think the NFL gave him a sniff after his career ended at MTSU. Can't find anything about any NFL team trying to sign him or inviting him to try out anyway.
(01-24-2024, 09:45 AM)Replying to Concourse E

Middle Tennessee had him listed on their roster at 5-11 190.  He was pretty much singlehandedly responsible for us beating Clemson in 95.
[/quote]

5-11 190 is plenty big enough... not at all small.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

He had a great game that night.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
I remember.
He was a small but tough runner. Really good against Tech in 95 and I think got the winning TD against the barn in 96 in the crazy OT win. Really got racked up when tackled.
I attended that Clemson game.
Sad situation.
1995 at Clempzun. Hell yeah!
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]