Forum Jump:

cleaning out my office and filing cabinets
since my retirement and I found about a quarter roll of 13 cent postage stamps. Hell I can't remember back that far. wonder if I could still use them?
I need a good two drawer filing cabinet. Since yours are now almost empty, can I have one?
(02-14-2024, 01:16 PM)Replying to plumrdawg

At this point you're probably better off selling them on eBay.

I also can't remember how long ago it was that 13-cents was the cost for a normal mailing. I Al Gwhored it.... Dang, according to this USPS webpage, the cost to mail a domestic letter in the U.S. went up from 13 cents to 15 cents on... I'm totally serious... May 29, 1978. Wow. It had previously gone up from 10 cents to 13 cents on December 31, 1975. That tells you the window of time when those were used.

Rates for Domestic Letters Since 1863

(02-14-2024, 02:25 PM)Replying to RockmartDawg

I also can't remember how long ago it was that 13-cents was the cost for a normal mailing. I Al Gwhored it.... Dang, according to this USPS webpage, the cost to mail a domestic letter in the U.S. went up from 13 cents to 15 cents on... I'm totally serious... May 29, 1978. Wow. It had previously gone up from 10 cents to 13 cents on December 31, 1975. That tells you the window of time when those were used.

[/quote]

Just thought of this... those stamps have been sitting in your drawer for longer than 45 years, as the 15-cent stamp went into effect in May 1978. What were you doing, there on your job, 45 years ago?
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

[/quote]

Just thought of this... those stamps have been sitting in your drawer for longer than 45 years, as the 15-cent stamp went into effect in May 1978. What were you doing, there on your job, 45 years ago?
[/quote]
that's about the time I took over for my father when he suffered a stroke. I was a senior in high school. they started letting me out at 1:00 every day to go to work. those were some really hard times for my family. I felt like the whole world was on my shoulders. It made me the person I am today though. I can remember how scared I was.
(02-14-2024, 02:47 PM)Replying to plumrdawg

[/quote]

[/quote]
that's about the time I took over for my father when he suffered a stroke. I was a senior in high school. they started letting me out at 1:00 every day to go to work. those were some really hard times for my family. I felt like the whole world was on my shoulders. It made me the person I am today though. I can remember how scared I was.
[/quote]

RE LEE Institute?

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(02-14-2024, 02:48 PM)Replying to GriffWoody

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

RE LEE Institute?
[/quote]

yes. class of 79
My parents graduated in 69/70’ish.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Shoot, you oughtta keep those stamps. Put them away in a keepsake box or something. Now you have some knowledge of when they existed and you clearly remember what was taking place during that time. That was a pivotable point in time in your life. That'll be a nice piece of memorabilia for you. Definitely worth keeping, especially as it is just something small and not taking up space.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
There is no telling what else you will find after that long period of time ... those stamps are a good find.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
wow that's incredible
Great find, 4 sure.