Forum Jump:

Ugggghhhh…
I think the heating element is dead on my clothes dryer.  Not what I want to deal with on a 2’ish year old dryer!  Fonk!

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
Might still be under warranty if only that old.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(02-20-2024, 01:54 PM)Replying to RockmartDawg

Nope…one year.  I checked and I purchase in August of ‘21.  So, 2.5 years old.  F! F! F!

What model Samsung is it?
Ours' quit drying a few months ago  and all it was, was the port going out the back was clogged with lint, dust etc..Line had a crimp in it
(02-20-2024, 02:12 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83
Bringo.
(02-20-2024, 02:12 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

General Electric

It's a pretty simple job on a Whirlpool Dryer. Took me less than 20 minutes to replace after receiving the element I ordered online. That included the time find my nutdriver set that my son didn't return to the tool bag. (He had hung it on the rack with my yard tools)
Damn ain't none of that new shit worth a damn. I have replaced three washing machines and two dryers in the last 15 years. I inherited an old set of washer and dryers from my aunt when I went to college to UGA in 1988, I moved them to Savannah, Augusta, Tucson, North Carolina, and Back to Savannah and I did not get rid of them until 2000 still going strong and nothing ever replaced. I bet the GD things are still running.
(02-20-2024, 02:13 PM)Replying to WarnerRobinsDawg

I'm with WRD. It's usually a dryer vent clog if it's that fast. Just run a leaf blower down that bitch and get on with your life.
(02-20-2024, 02:48 PM)Replying to FeralDawg

I'm with WRD. It's usually a dryer vent clog if it's that fast. Just run a leaf blower down that bitch and get on with your life.
[/quote]

Yeah, no air out the vent, no dry. Worth checking for sure.
(02-20-2024, 02:59 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

[/quote]

Yeah, no air out the vent, no dry. Worth checking for sure.
[/quote]

I did check, but will again this evening with more focused determination.

Determined Focus is the key.
(02-20-2024, 01:43 PM)Replying to GriffWoody

Only one answer…

[Image: g1DE.gif]
Speaking of clogged dryer vents... some years ago when we had the siding on our house replaced, the guys doing the work got me to come outside one day, so they could show me something. I went out on the back deck and one of them was standing next to the dryer vent on the exterior wall. He hit it lightly a couple of times with the heel of his had and a dang Carolina Wren flew out of it. Those rascals had gone in there and built a nest! 

I have no idea how/why they did that. It definitely isn't like our dryer is seldomly used. Even with just my wife and I here it runs at least 3 or 4 times per week. They had to be burning up in there when the dryer was on.

Carolina Wrens are probably one of my top 5 favorite birds. They're just cool, spunky rascals. But they can sure enough cause you some inconvenience. We can't even leave our garage door open during the day because they will absolutely come in there and build a nest up on top of a shelf or on top of the refrigerator in there. Then you are forced to keep the door open all day, every day, for about 4 or 5 weeks, waiting for those babies to hatch and get to a point that they can fly and they leave the nest.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(02-20-2024, 04:17 PM)Replying to junkyarddawg

Only one answer…

[Image: g1DE.gif]
[/quote]
LOL.   Right ON!!!!!
(02-20-2024, 04:19 PM)Replying to RockmartDawg

We have had them nest in ours several times. Last summer I finally remembered to put up some of that wire fencing, like chicken wire but smaller. This was  before that...

[Image: XTvr6fMl.jpg]
Agree on the wrens…they are sneaky.
(02-20-2024, 05:07 PM)Replying to junkyarddawg

We have had them nest in ours several times. Last summer I finally remembered to put up some of that wire fencing, like chicken wire but smaller. This was  before that...

[Image: XTvr6fMl.jpg]
[/quote]

That's them alright... stinking little rascals. I like them, though. They're so cool. But durn if they won't mess up something.

(02-20-2024, 05:24 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

We had a pair nest in our garage one time... in a little box up on top of the refrigerator. We would close the garage door at night, but by the time we'd get in there in the morning the adults would be fluttering around all inside the garage, wanting to get out. We would open the garage door and there they'd go... in and out... in and out... all day long. 

It was quite a learning experience, though, when the eggs hatched and they had little babies. I think in about 3 weeks time they were grown and flew out. I never thought it would be that short of a time.