Forum Jump:

The Kirby tree keeps growing…GSU got a good one.
McGee
They open against GT this year.
(02-21-2024, 10:54 PM)Replying to Coon Dawg

Good on him.
I don't have any clue what his capabilities or state of readiness are to be a head coach, but you could win the Sunbelt every year just by getting Georgia's transfer portal exits and next tier Georgia high school talent. It wouldn't be hard to get the interest level in their program to surpass Georgia Tech University or the other GSU.
Wish him the best------ who we gonna get to replace him?
That's awesome. A really good player from Rockmart just signed with Georgia State. He was two-time first team All-State Class AA at linebacker. He also rotated in and out a lot at running back, and was the guy used in our heavy package in short yardage situations. At 6'0" 225 he is deceptively fast, and broke a ton of long runs for TDs over the past 3 seasons.

Brent Washington - Georgia State
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

Not so fast

https://twitter.com/RustyMansell_/status...1_&ref_url=

(02-22-2024, 08:01 AM)Replying to Concourse E

It's the other way around.  Once they get a good player,  they are gone to Power 5 and no NIL.  Shawn Elliot just left to be a position coach back where he came from because of this.  NIL and free transfer is killing the lower levels
(02-22-2024, 09:49 AM)Replying to Toasty B

Not so fast

https://twitter.com/RustyMansell_/status...1_&ref_url=

(02-22-2024, 08:01 AM)Replying to Concourse E

It's the other way around.  Once they get a good player,  they are gone to Power 5 and no NIL.  Shawn Elliot just left to be a position coach back where he came from because of this.  NIL and free transfer is killing the lower levels
[/quote]

Eliot just left because his family still lives in Columbia.  NIL and free transfer is killing all of the Sunbelt equally, so a charismatic recruiter with some decent coaching skills will be on top of the Sunbelt.  He's not going to lose many players from State that end up at Georgia or Clemson.  And he will recruit the Atlanta area very well.  Nobody from the metro area is going to go to Statesboro or Directional Louisiana when they could stay closer to home.  I think Dell will do very well there.

Good for him. I hope the best for him. Gonna miss his recruiting ability.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]