Forum Jump:

Any of y'all use LinkedIn?
I have had an account for ?? years.. decades, probably. In recent months something arose through which they said they said login attempts from one or more different locations, and for security reasons they had temporarily suspended my account. In order to restore my account... and this is what gets me... they need me to send them an image of my government-issued ID!! And, this is just the first step toward restoring my account.

??!!??

There is no way on the face of the earth that I am going to send them a copy of my Georgia ID just to get my LinkedIn account up and going.

And, no, this isn't a scam attempt. I encounter this just by simply trying to log in to the site... not doing so from a provided link nor anything like that.

I've never heard of any social media requiring government ID to verify identity.

Lastly... if I try to reach customer support to speak/chat with someone, THEY REQUIRE ME TO FIRST LOG IN... and I can't!

Huh
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
Like you, I have a Linked-In account I haven't used in years. It was not the useful tool I had hoped it would be for neither my auction business nor my music ministry.
I use LinkedIn, but never heard of what you described.

I believe I would opt out if they ask me to do that.
(03-03-2024, 08:13 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

Yeah, I am finding out through this little ordeal that it truly isn't very important.

(03-03-2024, 09:46 PM)Replying to dawglegright

That's how I feel about it. I thought I'd contact customer support to convey that to them and get them to just let me reset my password by means of them sending me a link to my email account. But you can't get to customer support without being logged in, which is kinda stupid.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(03-03-2024, 09:46 PM)Replying to dawglegright

Same here.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
(03-03-2024, 08:06 PM)Replying to RockmartDawg
Same issue.  Have had an account for years. Recently retired. Account was set up with my work email and phone number so I can’t log in to update anything. They wanted the government issued ID to verify my account. As much as I’d like to update folks and stay connected to a few business contacts ain’t no way I’m sending them government issued ID.
No lionky ..
(03-04-2024, 01:04 PM)Replying to ugafan49

You have to have an account to get in... linkedin.com