Forum Jump:

I had a great time singing an Easter program at...
Rosewood assisted living in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. They loved the old hymns and Southern Gospel standards that made up the program.

After I finished I had several come up to thank me for the program.

I had a special blessing as I was packing up my equipment.  I began talking to a 93 year old gentleman who was seated at the closest table.  He asked if was from the area and I said yes, I've lived here all my life except when I was in college.

He asked if I knew David and Dude Russell and was I related to them.

I said yes that is my Dad and Grandad.  He said David was one of my best friends as teenagers.  I could tell you some tales about him and the trouble we often got into.

Needless to say, later this week I'm going back out to Rosewood to visit with Mr. Farr and hear some old stories from my Dad's youth.

I just figured it up, Dad would be 93 right now and would turn 94 in October had he lived.  But Dad died very young at age 55 with heart issues.
That's cool. Bet some of those stories will be HIGH-larious!
I know you were a blessing to all the good folks there. I don't blame you i would want to visit Mr. Farr regular.
That is so cool, God blessed you with a divine appointment that should be awesome.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-11-2024, 07:07 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

Great stuff Rogasingingdawg. Thanks.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
That’s a real blessing Roga, know you will enjoy those visits!
(03-11-2024, 07:07 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

What a blessing, I bet that is going to be really wonderful. Also very nice that you have that ministry, what a blessing for all those people.
I am sure he will enjoy telling you those stories as much as you will enjoy hearing them!
That is excellent, Roga! I'm very happy for you and for your new buddy! Y'all have got a lot of talkin' to do!
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”