(03-14-2024, 09:24 AM)Replying to Toasty B

Hunker Down, Barves
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]

and no Paul Byrd or our Dawg Gordo Beckhams

bummer.

Also, Peter Moylan is looking goofy as shit these days with that hair plug line and those giant teeth.
That's ungood.
Say what you will about Francoeur’s college choice, but I appreciate his style in the booth.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(03-14-2024, 09:47 AM)Replying to GriffWoody

I agree with you, he probably wasn't top tier SEC material at DB.  He was a good athlete overall though.  Comes across very well on TV and any radio interviews I have heard with him.
(03-14-2024, 09:51 AM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

I agree with you, he probably wasn't top tier SEC material at DB.  He was a good athlete overall though.  Comes across very well on TV and any radio interviews I have heard with him.
[/quote]

He seems like a genuinely good guy.  I met him at the funeral (unfortunately) for his defensive coordinator at Parkview a handful of weeks ago (my wife and I are friends with the coach's daughter).  He stopped and talked to EVERYONE.  He hugged his old teammates and their families.  Must have been there two hours, and he wasn't even a member of the family that was there for 6-7.

It took me a while to warm up to him as a broadcaster - something about his way of talking that just bothers me, but he certainly knows the game, and knows the players, and really has some good stories from time to time.  Even heard about his state championship in Warner Robins when Parkview beat Northside.  The lights went out in McConnell-Talbert Stadium when Northside was driving to win.  When they warmed back up, the very next play (as I recall), Northside's QB threw a pick to Jeff.  I was there.  It was painful.