Forum Jump:

What are our chances in the NIT from here?
Just looking at the RPI ratings alone, Indiana State is the team to beat.  I'm not sure how they get the RPI ratings, because if you look at Indiana State's season, they lost 2 out of three to Drake and didn't really have a lot of opportunities against major teams other than that.  VCU is the next highest rated, they have basically the same body of work - easy schedule in a mid major conference, beat Dayton but that's about it.  Seton Hall probably looks the best on paper to me.

I do note that our ranking in the RPI was 90 and we had close competitive games with Xavier (102), Wake Forest (78), and Ohio State (75) so its relatively safe to say our ranking was spot on and we've gotten a few balls bounce our way during the NIT so far.  On the other hand, relatively speaking, all those teams are from major basketball conferences and faced several top teams during the season.

Not saying we're going to win another game, but I like having the opportunity.
Thumbs Up 
25%
i like our chances.. Thank you ole miss.
(03-27-2024, 11:32 AM)Replying to Tybee Dawg

Hunker own Dawgs.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
6%
(03-27-2024, 03:18 PM)Replying to WarnerRobinsDawg

Finally a voice of reason!
"But, we didn't come up here to take shots. We came up here to throw 'em." - Kirby Smart 11/13/2021
Here are the current odds for the remaining teams.

They don't give odds on Seton Hall for some reason.  They play UNLV tonight.
(03-27-2024, 04:40 PM)Replying to dncdawg

where?
(03-27-2024, 05:08 PM)Replying to Toasty B

where?
[/quote]

Here.   I swear i pasted the link.
(03-27-2024, 08:27 PM)Replying to dncdawg

where?
[/quote]

Here.   I swear i pasted the link.
[/quote]

Interesting, they seem to like our chances.  Its also interesting that they reference Wake Forest as the odds on favorite before we beat them.  
Seton Hall actually had a four game stretch mid season where they won 3/4 and all 3 were against ranked opponents.  They seem to be pretty hot and cold, so hopefully we catch them on a bad night.