Forum Jump:

Calipari to Arkansas is the rumor
Don’t understand the move. But I guess now that playing field is level, he got tired of the craziness that is KY Bball
(04-07-2024, 10:04 PM)Replying to dawglegright

Looks like the early replacement list is Scott Drew at Baylor (has ties to KY AD), Nate Oates and maybe Jay Wright.  I just hope Chris Beard at Ole Mess doesn't get in the conversation because UM would look at our own Miguel Blanco who played there.

(04-08-2024, 06:40 AM)Replying to CornersDawg

many KYs want him 

(04-08-2024, 08:19 AM)Replying to Toasty B

Looks like the early replacement list is Scott Drew at Baylor (has ties to KY AD), Nate Oates and maybe Jay Wright.  I just hope Chris Beard at Ole Mess doesn't get in the conversation because UM would look at our own Miguel Blanco who played there.

many KYs want him 

[/quote]

If Ole Miss were to steal White from us would that mean we wouldn't be the basketball power we are now?
(04-08-2024, 08:26 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

many KYs want him 

[/quote]

If Ole Miss were to steal White from us would that mean we wouldn't be the basketball power we are now?
[/quote]

You don't GAS, remember?
Pitino
Mike White was a wimpy hire and all but a public announcement that mediocrity is all we need within our basketball program. He is a decent coach and I have no doubt that he will get us back into the real tournament. But getting in with a quick exit is about all that guy will ever bring to Athens. As for Cali, I respectfully disagree. I think his whole style has passed the game by and certainly the last 5 years in Lexington proves that. The reason he might have some success at Arkansas is because that program is willing to invest in hoops in a way we simply aren’t. Which is a shame. Look at the public NIL commitments to the Hogs program over the last 24 hours. Literally millions of dollars!!! I can only imagine what’s being signed over being the scenes. TN, Auburn, Bama have found a wayvto fund football and hoops at the same time. We certainly have the means, just clearly not the desire. Which sucks.