Forum Jump:

Full confession, I’m not a Tiger fan…at all…
So, keep that in mind for my comment…

But, I’ve never heard so many excuses and drooling over a player at any sport, ever.   

Listening to these guys this morning talk about his round is borderline unlistenable.    

Tiger is a great golfer…but, he’s created his own hardships.  He had a leg up on nearly every golfer that is currently playing out of the gate.   

His dad was paid by a management company to “teach” Tiger golf from the time he was 5 years old.   

Not ignoring his greatness…just not a fan.
(04-14-2024, 09:01 AM)Replying to DawgNatty
Tell us about the management company
IMG. You can read about it.
CBS has turned the Masters into "The Tiger Woods Show" with special guest appearance by the leaders of the tournament.
(04-14-2024, 09:22 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

why was he "selected" for that? But he obviously had the aptitude
(04-15-2024, 08:35 AM)Replying to Milldawg

[/quote]

He showed remarkable skill at a very young age.   IMG saw an opportunity to lock him down by paying his dad when he was young.   His dad never had to work a real job after that and they paved the way for him to give Tiger everything he needed.   All Earl woods did from the time Tiger was very young was spend time with him on the golf course.  I'd imagine a ton of kids could be pretty good if that's all they ever did.

(04-15-2024, 08:35 AM)Replying to Milldawg

[/quote]

He showed remarkable skill at a very young age.   IMG saw an opportunity to lock him down by paying his dad when he was young.   His dad never had to work a real job after that and they paved the way for him to give Tiger everything he needed.   All Earl woods did from the time Tiger was very young was spend time with him on the golf course.  I'd imagine a ton of kids could be pretty good if that's all they ever did.