Forum Jump:

Masters observations...
Feels sort of empty posting without UJD but I guess I'll go ahead and push on.

Went out Friday and Sunday, Friday was in the crazy wind.  Sand was blowing out of the bunkers like a scene from "Lawrence of Arabia".  Temp was nice but the wind was brutal.  Weather Sunday was chamber of commerce weather, low 80s with a nice breeze to keep you from getting too hot and not a cloud in the sky.

Friday was the businessman special crowd.  Vast majority of patrons were men, mostly 40 and older entertaining or being entertained.  Most of the women on the course had the look of wives and/or business contact women who were there with a corporate group.

Sunday was a complete smokeshow gallery.  Lots, and I mean LOTS, of hot young gals in sundresses, shorts, etc..  We sat in the grandstand on 16 for most of the day and the scenery was amazing.

Concessions are still a great deal and the ham and cheese on rye is still my favorite sandwich.  Beer (domestic light i.e. Miller Lite) is up to $6 for a 16 oz. cup but I guess that is still a swinging deal at a sporting event.  The egg salad seems to be a crowd favorite but I don't like egg salad and the pimento cheese is a big seller even though I think it is the worst pimento cheese I've ever eaten.  I guess yankees don't know what they are supposed to be eating.

It looked like it was going to be a competitive, exciting final round for a little while but Scheffler pulled away pretty early and the challengers faded.

Of course everything was perfect and the volunteers and employees all made you feel like they were sincerely glad you were there.
That's awesome!!! I haven't been on a Sunday since '97. Honestly, as much in awe as a was, I need to go back again to remember and appreciate it. (you notice things when you get old...)

The talent was apparent on TV even. I did see one funny shot at Amen Corner where it looked like 8-10 folks in a row had a pretty good sunburn going on their legs.
I got one of those Taste of the Masters boxes for the weekend. The Pimento Cheese was much better than what they were serving at the course. My only guess is that they don't keep it cool enough when transporting it to the course or to the concessions stands. It melts into some gross, grey goo.
(04-15-2024, 09:51 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83
Watching on tv, it looks like a lot more people were there. Did they sell xtra tickets or something?
Saturday was glorious, perfect weather, a little breeze..sat under the oaks most of the day watching all the trim go by. Ham and cheese never disappoints, but the $6 beers are starting to jump the shark. Watched a little golf at#9,18, and 10. The walk down the hill just isn’t worth walking back up anymore..one interesting thing I saw this year, each player has an assigned GBI agent that discreetly walks their round with them. Maybe it’s been done for awhile, just never noticed it.
(04-15-2024, 02:04 PM)Replying to Punkin14

sheriffs from all over the state go and provide armed security in plain clothes. ours has been doing it for years. in return, they get in free and get to play the course sometime this week i think.
These guys were in their GBI gear, lots of undercover security I knew about.