Forum Jump:

Since I commented on it in the past. No Juju…
For us.    Several reasons here, but, suffice it to say Smart and co. We’re not pleased with his antics, style, personality.   Not to mention the NIL ask was astronomical.  

Juju wanted to play the game up until the season started, Kirby was tired of it.   

We are in a new world with the NIL gang.  Stating the obvious here, but, these super high profile QBs are going to be playing on teams that can’t afford to field a full team around them.   

Still, not looking forward to seeing him at Auburn.    

Expect this to also have a large impact on how we view the portal for QBs over the next week.
Think he lands at Auburn? I can see that. They're desperate and Mr. Yellawood will pay the freight.
Yes sir! That's the line of thinking for those in the know. Supposedly, the "Godly Man" Freeze (using that quote against my Christian nature...but, that's what Juju called Freeze) and the Auburn crew are throwing large NIL at Juji.
College football had a good run.
(04-16-2024, 07:40 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Yeah, it's pretty sad.  On the one hand, I'm thinking...man, glad we got those two Championships when we did.   On the other, I think where we would be with no NIL to deal with.  

I also can't help thinking where we would be if we'd hired Kirby 3 years earlier.
We're still head and shoulders the best team/program in the country
"And screw florida and the mule they came in here on" - Erk Russell.

[Image: W1rzWhj.gif] 
[Image: 6E3WuvX.jpg]

https://imgur.com/6E3WuvXhttps://imgur.com/a/xXizeeR
https://imgur.com/6E3WuvX
(04-16-2024, 07:40 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

https://twitter.com/JuJuLewis10/status/1...1_&ref_url=
(04-16-2024, 08:22 AM)Replying to jmac

100%   and this should be noted with this and other news.  We are no longer a program that one player makes or breaks our team/recruiting.   Kirby has the luxury of nit picking when it comes to players.   

No one should forget, we went BACK TO BACK with Stet.  Not taking anything away from him, just pointing out he wasn't the glamour 5* of anyone's class.  Montgomery is no bum!  

I will say, this will make us even more attractive to portal guys.
(04-16-2024, 07:53 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

Yeah, it's pretty sad.  On the one hand, I'm thinking...man, glad we got those two Championships when we did.   On the other, I think where we would be with no NIL to deal with.  

I also can't help thinking where we would be if we'd hired Kirby 3 years earlier.
[/quote]

Yep...a certain former HC should've been gone sooner. And the current atmosphere in college football is that of a strong sewer like smell. I will never again pull any $ from my wallet for this sport. Sure, I'll watch it...until I can't stomach it anymore.
(04-16-2024, 08:27 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

100%   and this should be noted with this and other news.  We are no longer a program that one player makes or breaks our team/recruiting.   Kirby has the luxury of nit picking when it comes to players.   

No one should forget, we went BACK TO BACK with Stet.  Not taking anything away from him, just pointing out he wasn't the glamour 5* of anyone's class.  Montgomery is no bum!  

[/quote]

wherever JuJu goes, is not where he will stay for 3-4 yrs either
"And screw florida and the mule they came in here on" - Erk Russell.

[Image: W1rzWhj.gif] 
[Image: 6E3WuvX.jpg]

https://imgur.com/6E3WuvXhttps://imgur.com/a/xXizeeR
https://imgur.com/6E3WuvX
I think Kirby is right - the way to navigate through this new era is not to bid the highest on the 'elite' talent, but to build the program throughout. Juju might be great but he might land with a thud. Same thing with Cryola. He might be great for Auburn but he might just tie up a whole big pot of their money, and despite what people think, nobody has a bottomless pit of money to throw at firing coaches and paying kids more than they will make in the NFL. Screw him, we can with with Pug.
(04-16-2024, 07:53 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

[/quote]

I doubt McGoo would have hired Kirby if he had gotten rid of CMR 3 years earlier.  He probably would have hired Muschamp and the fans would have been excited about it.  Kirby would have gone to SC or LSU and Georgia fans would have been making fun of his haircut while we watched him win.
(04-16-2024, 09:31 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

[/quote]

I doubt McGoo would have hired Kirby if he had gotten rid of CMR 3 years earlier.  He probably would have hired Muschamp and the fans would have been excited about it.  Kirby would have gone to SC or LSU and Georgia fans would have been making fun of his haircut while we watched him win.
[/quote]

did he have a good run?
(04-16-2024, 09:43 AM)Replying to Toasty B

[/quote]

[/quote]

did he have a good run?
[/quote]

CMR?  Yes, he had a good run but it ended against WVU in the Sugar Bowl.
(04-16-2024, 10:31 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

[/quote]

[/quote]

did he have a good run?
[/quote]

[/quote]

McGoo
(04-16-2024, 10:31 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

[/quote]

[/quote]

did he have a good run?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Damn straight!
(04-16-2024, 10:35 AM)Replying to Toasty B

[/quote]

did he have a good run?
[/quote]

[/quote]

McGoo
[/quote]

McGoo did not have a good run.  I am still convinced he was an agent from UF sent to destroy Georgia athletics.
(04-16-2024, 08:27 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

[/quote]

good to hear, I like Kirby's approach, I still think chemistry is a big part of the sport
We have Curtis and Montgomery. No jujujujujuju
(04-16-2024, 09:31 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty sure he wanted Mullen.