Forum Jump:

Crazy friend.
74 YO mayor of our small town is a long time avid bicycler who had a heart attack/bypass 25 yrs. ago riding his bike. Flew to the left coast and is riding his bike from LA to NYC with others. He'll be gone month and a half. Awed by his courage but no damn way.
(04-24-2024, 09:32 AM)Replying to LandDawg

I could make the trip in a Porsche Boxster.  Smile
I have been in 3 Ironman triathlons (pulled for time every time on the bike). Zero desire to ever ride a bike again.
I live in a city where cyclists love to ride because of curves and hills. They totally disregard rules of traffic and then yell at you if you get too close to their peloton. They take over the roads on Saturday and Sunday morning like a pack of Hell's Angels.
(04-24-2024, 09:53 AM)Replying to dncdawg
Fuck those guys. Do they wear those odd coordinated spandex yoga clothes with the space helmets and head microphones too? Double fuck those guys.
(04-24-2024, 10:46 AM)Replying to FeralDawg
Fuck those guys. Do they wear those odd coordinated spandex yoga clothes with the space helmets and head microphones too? Double fuck those guys.
[/quote]

Yes to everything but the microphones.  Maybe they wear those, but I'm too busy trying to make sure I don't run over a straggler to notice.  They are a major pain in the ass.  Even if there's 2 or 3 together, they always ride abreast and take an entire lane, preventing you from making a reasonable pass, when you're in your car trying to get somewhere.  At least get in a line and make an effort to be neighborly.
(04-24-2024, 10:57 AM)Replying to dncdawg
[/quote]

Yes to everything but the microphones.  Maybe they wear those, but I'm too busy trying to make sure I don't run over a straggler to notice.  They are a major pain in the ass.  Even if there's 2 or 3 together, they always ride abreast and take an entire lane, preventing you from making a reasonable pass, when you're in your car trying to get somewhere.  At least get in a line and make an effort to be neighborly.
[/quote]

It's just as bad with people on foot on walking trails.  They walk in groups elbow to elbow, as slow as they damn well please.  They block the entire path for everyone else.

There are excellent bike trails in Anchorage where I live.  I won't / don't use them because the borders of the trails are taken over by vagrant squatters and it is a great eyesore.
Cyclists should have a special notation on their tombstones "We have as much right to the road as you do". Those aggravating sons of bitches forget who wins in a confrontation with a motor vehicle.
(04-24-2024, 09:32 AM)Replying to LandDawg

Who you talking about Willis?
(04-24-2024, 01:39 PM)Replying to blacklisted barnesville dawg

Who you talking about Willis?
[/quote]

John Strickland. Willis couldn’t make it to my house.
Good 4 him!