Forum Jump:

Randolph Scott is Face of Raiders
[Image: fVqPoPG.jpeg]

Raiders have not taken many Dawgs over the years.

Las Vegas/Oakland/L.A. Raiders

Year ....Rnd/Pick/Plyr .......Player, Pos.

2024.....1/13/13......Brock Bowers, TE
2023..... 5/35/170.....Christopher Smith, DB
2022..... 4/17/122.............. Zamir White, RB
2007..... 3/1/65.............. Quentin Moses, DE
1999..... 1/18/18............Matt Stinchcomb, T
[Image: iOvLDN1.jpg?1] [Image: 1VWtPlw.jpg?1] [Image: CK0zHIu.jpg] [Image: yTj6tPw.jpg?1] [Image: Nhc7kqD.jpg?1] [Image: J3gH23f.jpg?1] 
[Image: XL6hRLC.jpg?1] [Image: 5sF0KCy.jpg] [Image: Krtkq7L.jpg?2] [Image: zhgbCrH.jpg?1]
Lot better place for him than NY. Right ON!!!!!
You know the main Georgia Raider connection was Johnny Rauch.

He coached college several schools including Georgia for 4 years. In 1963, Rauch moved to the professional level with the AFL's Oakland Raiders. Working under head coach Al Davis as the offensive backs coach, Rauch was the heir apparent and was promoted to head coach in April 1966, when Davis became commissioner of the AFL.

After leading the Raiders to an 8–5–1 mark in his first year, Rauch's squad lost just once during the 1967 regular season and faced the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl II in Miami. For his efforts, Rauch was named the AFL Coach of the Year.

In 1968, the team again flourished during the regular season with a 12–2 mark, defeated the Kansas City Chiefs in a Western Division playoff game, but lost the AFL championship game to the New York Jets.

Can't help myself, throw this in.

In 2003, Rauch was honored for his stellar career in the college ranks at Georgia when he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Earning the starting quarterback slot for the University of Georgia as a true freshman in 1945, he led the Bulldogs to a 36–8–1 record. Included in these victories are four straight bowl game appearances, as well as an undefeated record in 1946. On an individual level, he won first-team All American accolades following his senior year in 1948, and left the school as college football's all-time passing leader with 4,044 yards.
His post-WWI college football hopes were derailed by injury. Ended up transferring to UNC, where he eventually dropped out and went to work as an accountant at the textile firm where his father worked.

[Image: 1919-ga-tech-fb-team-rsjh-690x426.jpg]
I brag about Scott and Heisman every day on my sightseeing bus tour as we drive up connector by Tech. Bobby Jones mentioned 5 times (Capital City Country Club, Eastlake Country Club, Masters, Grave, go by his house on Tuxedo). Plus I play AND sing the Tech Fight Song on my harmonica and have to wear a yellow shirt.  Angry

Whole lot of bragging about Georgia makes it up.
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=790b7611mmmzem9l4vos76139....webp&ct=g]