Forum Jump:

CKS drafting machine ....
With eight more Bulldogs drafted in the 2024 edition of the draft, Smart has now had 63 players selected over eight NFL Drafts. For reference, Saban had 48 Alabama players drafted through his first eight drafts at the school (2008-2015). Paterno had 42 at Penn State (1967-1974).
[Image: iOvLDN1.jpg?1] [Image: 1VWtPlw.jpg?1] [Image: CK0zHIu.jpg] [Image: yTj6tPw.jpg?1] [Image: Nhc7kqD.jpg?1] [Image: J3gH23f.jpg?1] 
[Image: XL6hRLC.jpg?1] [Image: 5sF0KCy.jpg] [Image: Krtkq7L.jpg?2] [Image: zhgbCrH.jpg?1]
(04-30-2024, 10:19 PM)Replying to Top Row Dawg

Pretty impressive. I wonder what that does for the narrative that Kirby and staff don't develop players. Is that really still a narrative?
He's building his own legacy , hope he can hold up as he works harder than any coach in any sport .
(05-01-2024, 06:34 AM)Replying to ugafan49

I don’t see him going to early 70’s, ala satan.  I think we got about 10 more years with him, at most.  I don’t see how the machine can keep going full speed.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(05-01-2024, 07:12 AM)Replying to GriffWoody

I don’t see him going to early 70’s, ala satan.  I think we got about 10 more years with him, at most.  I don’t see how the machine can keep going full speed.
[/quote]

Kirby is 48, 10 more years would be my max guess at how long he will keep it up.  With the changes in the game with NIL and the portal and all the contentious issues he may stop enjoying it before then and hang it up.  He certainly should be set financially.  

Richt was 48 in '08 when he obviously took his foot off the gas.  I think Katherine's cancer in 2006 changed Richt and I don't blame him one bit for that.