Forum Jump:

2 students at DHS OD'd today
Dunwoody High School Hearing 1 left in a body bag.  The other was hospitalized.  School was locked down.  One kid arrested.  Percoset and potentially fentynol?
(05-06-2024, 02:50 PM)Replying to JimDandyDawg

Sad. So so so soooooo dang sad.
oh my- so sad and very sorry to hear,
Terrible news.
JimDandy…I’m hearing from my son, that goes to DHS, it was one student and she hit a weed pen laced with fent. That said, the news and her family said she’d been buying percs at school. She was given Narcan at school. Boy arrested yesterday. I don’t want to put his name out there until it hits the news. All rumors at this point.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(05-06-2024, 02:50 PM)Replying to JimDandyDawg

That's terrible, praying for all
Sad story.

Wife worked in high schools for 23 years. She said the reason drugs have become so prevalent among high school students is because the do gooder blue nose thumpers have done such a good job of making getting alcohol nearly impossible for high school students so they have turned to drugs. Drug dealers never check an ID and don't worry about losing their license if they get caught selling to a minor. Teenagers have been getting messed up on something for all of mankind's history and that fact is never going to change. There is a certain irony in that kids are dying from drug overdoses because people are saving them from dying from alcohol related accidents.

She worked in three different high schools. One was affluent, one was rural and one was urban. She said pills, cocaine, heroin and hard drugs were most common at the affluent school because those kids had the money to buy the more expensive drugs. Alcohol was still the drug of choice at the rural school but pot was pretty prevalent too. The urban school was almost all pot, the black kids had very little interest in pills or hard stuff.