Forum Jump:

Happy Mother’s Day!!
If you’re fortunate, your mother is still around to be pampered and loved today.  If you’re not so fortunate, sit in a quiet spot and take several moments to reflect on what that woman sacrificed and did to make you and your family who they are today.  I miss my mom, but I genuinely rest in the comfort and solace in knowing that God choose her to be my beloved mother.

I love you, Mom….always have and always will.  Thanks for being my Mom.
(05-12-2024, 08:08 AM)Replying to LuvsDawgs

That's beautiful. God Bless
Amen. I have spent a good bit of the day reflecting on the love that my Mama blessed me with. I am eternally grateful
for her presence in my life and the thoughtful, graceful manner in which she loved me. I lost her at a young age and have missed her from the moment her nurses said she had passed way. She was a true force of nature in my life and I have thought of her and missed everyday her for the past 32 years. 

This is also my first Mother's Day since my wife passed away 5 months ago. My daughter and I visited her grave Friday. I am also eternally grateful for the loving presence she had in my life and my daughter's life. We have spent this weekend reflecting on the love our Mother's had for us and the way those loving hands shaped our lives. My daughter's Facebook has been filled with loving memories this week. She was overcome with tears of joy and loss seeing the UGA graduation pictures from 9 years ago. She weeps seeing the loving, proud look that her Mama had with her in those pictures. She also saw that same loving, proud look on her Mama's face in the first picture made with her Mom shortly after her birth. She says she will never forget the twinkle her Mama had in her brown eyes when she smiled and how she loved the sound of her Mama's laughter when she was happy. She is grappling with the eternal questions that we will all have, one being, why does time spent with love ones have to fly by so quickly. Her Facebook today is full of her friends' pictures with their Mothers. She is moved by the love that is present in those pictures of children with their Mothers and the sweetest gift, a Mother's smile. 

(05-12-2024, 08:08 AM)Replying to LuvsDawgs

Very nice post
(05-12-2024, 11:50 AM)Replying to Zolotisty
Great song-   Thanks.