Forum Jump:

Enjoyable experience last night…
At the Bravos game.  They seemed to be struggling more than the box score indicated.  Pitching looked good.  

Weather, stadium, parking, etc. was a homerun (pun intended).  They’ve really hit on something with that park location.  Didn’t feel unsafe at all, unlike the ted and afcs.  Only drawback is price of concessions…beer and peanuts, $20.  16oz coke, $6.  Thankfully, fed the dad and sons before getting to the game.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
Downside for me at that location has been that it's been a bitch to get to/from during the 285/400 project. I used to be able to get right down to Turner Field during rush hour with a little slowdown, but in plenty of time, and getting back onto the connector from that fulton street lot was awesome too. But, only having one real exit to get to the battery off of 285 (because no one really takes Powers Ferry to get to all that parking on the south side) is a pain sometimes.

Also, Cobb PD's post-game traffic plan is a head scratcher. We got stuck in one of the decks for hours after the NLDS a couple of seasons ago because the cops left at the end of their permitted shift. No one would let people exit the deck.

Also, because there is so much parking on the south side of the stadium, and people also hang out at the Battery, everyone uses that same stupid center field gate and that is frustrating when everyone shows up at the same time.
I didn’t have a similar experience. From game over standing up from my seat to standing in my home was 50 mins. That is a win considering the walk to my car with my 73 year old dad probably took 20 mins+. Also, as you mentioned, I come in from Powers Ferry and park on one of the office lots across the interstate. Couldn’t have been any easier from where I sit.

Yeah, I don’t go hardly anymore due to location. I get the entertainment aspect of the Battery and all, but I never had any issues downtown. It was obviously the right move business wise..Cobb probably has 10 more good years.

But living in Peachtree City, it just is too far to go very often for me..I’m not fighting getting north up 285 at 5-6 PM often.
(05-14-2024, 08:36 AM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

Yes, that would suck for you.  I live less than 10 miles the way the crow flies and I can get there in 30 mins or so.  Left my house at 545pm, stopped by cfa, and was sitting in my seats at 7pm last night.

That's awesome. Maybe I'll have to start doing that. I usually go to the Red Deck, and it's pretty easy to get in and out of there, but if you go to any of those on the other side of the street, it can get hairy. Some days, it takes no effort. Others, it's just crazy. I parked in the Delta Deck one time last year when the Angels were in town and they make everyone turn right out of there after the game. The damn Angels bus got out of the Battery before I did. It probably took me 50 minutes to get from that deck onto 285.
Lots E31, 32, & 43 are your friends. Easy in and out.

To be fair, the game last night was only 2/3rd full as well. That helps traffic on a rainy, cool Monday night.

Good deal! Right ON!!!!!
Yeah   Braves concessions are ridiculously expensive especially compared to Mercedes Benz stadium. Falcons at least got that right, wish the Braves would follow suit.  I spent close to $80 feeding me wife and 2 kids on chicken tenders water and Coca Cola