Forum Jump:

Looks like it’s time to peplace my HVAC system
Not looking forward to seeing the cost estimates - 5 ton AC with natural gas furnace, house is 3100 square feet. Going to get quotes on Carrier, Trane, Lennox, and Rheem.  Any HVAC recommendations and experiences welcome.
I’m a 30 yr vet in the business. Buy based on the quality of your contractor. Brands of equipment are kinda like cars I’ve had a Toyota drop a transmission under warranty, a Mercedes fail shocks under warranty and a dodge go 300,000 miles with no issues. Craftsmanship in the field matters a lot.
(05-17-2024, 05:51 PM)Replying to CDXX

Thanks for the sage advice.
Can't argue CDXX's advise. I do know I replaced mine about 3 summers ago and went with the heat pump for air and natural gas heat combo. I do not recommend the heat pump as my house stayed hot all last summer in that record heat.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-17-2024, 05:51 PM)Replying to CDXX

Great advice.
You got a big house.
Cool
I use a trusted independent contractor. Had to replace the main level compressor 3 years ago & he said he services all brands but only installs Rheem now bec he has the least problems with them.