Forum Jump:

Interesting. Looks like old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium will live on... sorta.
New ballpark planned for Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium site

[Image: Georgia-State-Baseball-Rendering-Fall-2016-1024x581.jpg]
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
Their current baseball field has the former outfield wall of fulton county stadium.

(05-22-2024, 12:13 PM)Replying to dncdawg

Actually, I think that's wrong.  It's the old Turner Field outfield wall.  They moved it when they took over turner field, which is a pile of crap now, btw.

Actually, I think that's wrong.  It's the old Turner Field outfield wall.  They moved it when they took over turner field, which is a pile of crap now, btw.
[/quote]

Actually, it's a decent little football stadium, IMHO.  

There is no current baseball field there now, only a parking lot...the old Fulton County Stadium wall was marked in the lot at some point, I do remember seeing that.

[/quote]

There is no current baseball field there now, only a parking lot...
Cool
(05-22-2024, 12:42 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

[/quote]

There is no current baseball field there now, only a parking lot...the old Fulton County Stadium wall was marked in the lot at some point, I do remember seeing that.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know there's no baseball field there now, I'm saying Georgia State moved the outfield wall from the stadium to their current baseball stadium off of Clifton Springs Road.  It looks like the new field layout is in the exact location of the Fulton County stadium layout which is memorialized by tan bricks in the asphalt.

You must have visited another part of the old turner field.  When I was there last a couple of seasons ago, it was an absolute dump.  The turf is nice, but the stadium is decaying in a lot of areas.  Roof leaks, ceiling stains, concrete efflorescence and spalling, paint fading badly and rust stains everywhere...  It really goes a long way to show you what goes into the maintenance of a stadium and what happens when it doesn't get done.  There's a guy on TikTok that "sneaks" into college stadiums all over the country.  He tried to get in there.  Some of the places he went looked like they were part of a long abandoned building, and that was on the interstate side, not on that old right field side of the stadium that is effectively abandoned.
(05-22-2024, 01:13 PM)Replying to dncdawg

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know there's no baseball field there now, I'm saying Georgia State moved the outfield wall from the stadium to their current baseball stadium off of Clifton Springs Road.  It looks like the new field layout is in the exact location of the Fulton County stadium layout which is memorialized by tan bricks in the asphalt.

You must have visited another part of the old turner field.  When I was there last a couple of seasons ago, it was an absolute dump.  The turf is nice, but the stadium is decaying in a lot of areas.  Roof leaks, ceiling stains, concrete efflorescence and spalling, paint fading badly and rust stains everywhere...  It really goes a long way to show you what goes into the maintenance of a stadium and what happens when it doesn't get done.  There's a guy on TikTok that "sneaks" into college stadiums all over the country.  He tried to get in there.  Some of the places he went looked like they were part of a long abandoned building, and that was on the interstate side, not on that old right field side of the stadium that is effectively abandoned.
[/quote]

I went to a HS playoff game a few years back..didn’t see much of the place, thought it was decent enough..Southern has a better stadium I’ll say that.
Cool