Forum Jump:

Re: That Auburn RB that got shot
When you're out at 3:30 AM, bad shit tends to happen. I was a bouncer at a bar in Athens and we stayed open till 2:00 AM. It got worse and worse the later it got. After work, most of the bartenders and bouncers would go to Allen's to eat. We'd stick together because we knew bad shit tends to happen at those hours at night. I quit the night I tackled a guy in the restroom that had a gun. A customer told me it was in the back of his pants and it was. Can't fight a bullet. When I was in high school, folks would fight then make up and many became friends. I watched in time as fights turned from fists and making up after to bats then knives then guns. Now people will just shoot you for pissing them off. Sad times.

when
(05-22-2024, 02:42 PM)Replying to Doc Hollidawg

Truth.  John Witherspoon tried to tell us almost 30 years ago.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952mityssj20nwhub4n35...y.gif&ct=g]
#MIST

things are definitely different
Gr

Great job peckerlip!!! HOTD has been looking for the voice of reason and I think we we found it!

It is a different world walking up to a vehicle on a traffic stop late at night. This is a very rural area and I can't imagine having to do it in a metro area full of neanderthals.
[Image: 416038776_10224235589974255_574664521183...e=66809096]
(05-22-2024, 07:20 PM)Replying to Booneville Dawg

It is a different world walking up to a vehicle on a traffic stop late at night. This is a very rural area and I can't imagine having to do it in a metro area full of neanderthals.
[/quote]

NOt sure what has happened to us as a society
I was told by my parents many moons ago before I started driving, “Nothing good happens after midnight.”