Forum Jump:

I don't have an Ex, but still laughed at this,
[Image: M0BKX1k.jpg] Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(05-23-2024, 06:35 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

This scares me.
LOL.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Good one Roga!
I used to work closely with a good old friend who hails from Oklahoma. He's told me a lot of his life story. One part of it involves his first wife. They had two daughters and had gotten a divorce. He said that at one point they became friendly again and one thing led to another and they remarried. He said, "I knew I had made a mistake right when we did it." He went on to say that they got the girls both grown up and out of school and out of the house and they divorced again. 

That was a lesson-learned as told by somebody else who experienced it. I must say, though, I don't see any chance whatsoever... it would utterly defy imagination... for my 1st wife and I to ever get back together. That bridge isn't just burned, it is blown up, the rubble ran through a rock crusher like four or five times, and the powdered rock dust has been dumped off of the edge of the earth... and it was a beautiful sight to see that happen. Life has been night-and-day better since.

My old Oklahoma buddy had a lot more to say about his second wife, who he loved like nobody could put into words. She was diagnosed with cancer and the doctors had said there was nothing they could do, they gave her some period of time left. My buddy then was a part owner (with two other fellows) with a major construction company. He sold his part of the company to those two guys and he asked his wife what did she want to do, and whatever it was they did it. At one point they went out to stay in Seattle where her grown kids were living. But she eventually wanted to move to his ranch in Oklahoma, which they did and that is where she lived out the remainder of her life.

My old buddy said he kinda had to restart his life again... said it was pretty rough getting through that. But he said he'd never have done it any other way. God puts good folk with life stories and advice in your life now and again. He's one such example for whom I am so very grateful.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(05-23-2024, 06:35 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

as The Offsping once sang "It's kind of hard when she's ready to go"
[Image: giphy.gif]
A good friend of mine married a woman whose been married five times now..he was her third, she married her first husband three different times. Needless to say she’s cuckoo.
1 of the many reasons facebook is da debil !!

Countless tales around South Central about exes who "friend" their old flame on fb and then commit "arson" on the exes current marriage/relationship and then run like hell when the damage is done.

Reminds me of the old story about the frog and the scorpion. It's just some folks nature to F things up and they will never change.
(05-24-2024, 10:59 AM)Replying to Zolotisty

My philosophy is if I dated them more than once in the pre-Mrs. Roga days I will not accept a friend/follow request.

That truly only applies to about 6 women and only one I dated more than a half dozen times.

Just not worth the risk.