Forum Jump:

Knoxville newspaper—good read on recent NCAA settlement, NIL, paying athletes and imp
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/co...879334007/
Sickening what’s happening to college football.
(05-30-2024, 07:35 AM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg
agree
(05-30-2024, 07:35 AM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

Yes, i agree.
The UGAA's 2023 gross revenues were $210.1million. Operating expenses were $186.6. This deal is going to make attending and experiencing too expensive to maintain that little bit of profit. All these folks saying the "schools and conferences are making millions of dollars off of them" don't realize how expensive it is to make people want to come and watch them perform and to send them around the country to see them perform in front of others.

Hopefully they seek more revenues from the broadcast folks before they hit the average ticket holder, but I'm thinking they're going to try to cast a wide net. It will probably take a good number of people out of the queue. You'll start to see a lot fewer people attend some games. Smaller schools will have to abandon athletic programs altogether.
Greed, pure and simple, is going to kill the nation's best sport. I'm going to keep my comments at that, because I could say a whole lot more.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
Get ready for NFL level ticket prices and concession prices. TV networks got what they wanted, an NFL Jr. pro football league.