Forum Jump:

Purple
Excited to have earned my purple belt (1st out 4 degrees) in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today. Not so proud of the fact that it took me six weeks and four attempts to do so, after what amounted to four ass wiping’s by a damn 17 year old kid who weighs 80 pounds less than I do. But he’s a 3rd degree brown belt which is like driving a Porsche while I’m in a Kia. Anyway, his grip slipped today on an armbar and showed me to get a rear choke hold on the little bastard and immediately knew I had my belt. Even though he could destroy me, it was quite satisfying to see the blood rush out of his pimple face before he tapped. Getting old sucks.
(06-05-2024, 11:53 AM)Replying to 40 Watt

Is this you?
Cool
Well congratulations Forty! One of the best things in life is that sort of competion. Getting a good omaplata or double armbar or rear naked is about as good as it gets.