Forum Jump:

Mrs Roga scheduled to have cataract surgery next month.
Left eye first and right eye 2 weeks later.

The new laser technique, which has better results and less potential for side effects is not covered by insurance and probably won’t be for another year or so according to the Opthomalogist, so it’s gonna set us back a little over 6K.
Confused
They call these the golden years because it takes a lot of gold to get through them.
(06-06-2024, 08:38 AM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

Insurance is "the" biggest racket going. When my wife was going through "the change" her OBGYN prescribed her a medication that helped make the hormonal change more gradual and with less effect. This stuff was several hundred dollars for a 1 month prescription. My employer-provided health insurance.... "Oh, that's a Class-whatever medication. We don't cover that."

Bullcrap on them. Thieves.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
I had cataract surgery last April. The end results were amazing. My vision had faded so gradually I didn't know how different things really looked until after the surgery. I could see perfectly within 4 hours of the surgery. The vibrancy of colors was mind blowing. I stood on the front porch the morning after they did my first eye and looked at the sunrise for a long time taking in all the different colors.

The only downside I have had is that I now have or, more likely can now notice, "floaters" in my vision. Apparently, floaters are part of getting older and there is nothing that can be done about them.

Good luck to her. I'm sure she will be happy with the results.
(06-06-2024, 09:17 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83
I had both my eyes done when I was 39. Floaters will be there and more will come if you need the residual lens that the new lens rests on lasered out due to vision problems. Needed it after about 2 years in one eye and 5 in the other. One eye is for reading and the other for distance. Took a few weeks to get depth perception. I finally got bi-focal contacts when they came out and playing golf and tennis was greatly improved. The initial cataract surgery is amazing like you said. Felt like I was on LSD with all the colors.
Are you sure you want her to see you better? Lol