Forum Jump:

New Bulldogs fan here from Scotland UK!
Hey Guys

I recently visited the state of Georgia on a business trip with work. Firstly, what a beautiful state and the most friendly welcoming people. Would go as far as saying the best state ive ever visited in terms of the people. Savannah was where we stayed and what a beautiful little city. Also headed over to Hilton Head in SC which was also stunning.

When we were there, we noticed many people wearing Bulldogs merch and speaking about the team.

On our last day we decided to buy some, and have adopted them as our college team.

I will defo be back to Georgia in the future to attend a game in athens.

I know college football in America is huge, but have never followed it. The NFL is what we watch, but after watching some documentaries and YouTube videos college football seems more enjoyable and entertaining with the atmospheres and crowds.

Really looking forward to august 31st to watch the first game as a fan.

Any recommendations on who to follow on twitter and instagram for Georgia Bulldogs news etc?

Cheers
Nadeem
(06-15-2024, 10:03 AM)Replying to Scottishdawg

Follow Graham Coffey and know that Tyler Simmons was on side.
Welcome aboard ScottishDawg & Go Dawgs!!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Thank you mate ill give them a follow

Thank you :-)
Awesome..worldwide baby!
Cool
My first season following college football and the south seems the place to be :-) always followed NFL but college football seems so much more passionate

Thanks for the replys above guys, i tried quoting and replying but obviously never done it properly lol
Welcome! Enjoy the ride and I agree, college football is more entertaining. As far as follows, the guys above are probably hitting it, Dawg Post is decent and Georgiadogs.com is the official football account I believe.
Welcome to the group! Don't get mad at me, but I spent two years in England when with the U.S. Air Force in the early-1980s. Beautiful country and beautiful people. My wife and I went back over for a visit 5 years ago, and took a boat ride on Loch Lomond (one of my favorite songs), and spent a few days in Stirling. We climbed ?? steps of the William Wallace national monument, visited Stirling Castle, walked around in Stirling and went to spectacular Stirling Bridge. Beautiful, beautiful place. We hope to get back over very soon!

College football has traditionally always been much better than the NFL (my strong opinion), simply due to the much stronger roots between the fan bases and their school. The vast majority of players on each team has typically been local/in-state players. So, when, say, Georgia played Tennessee you had mostly (definitely not all) players for Georgia FROM Georgia, and most players from Tennessee FROM Tennessee.

That is far from the case anymore, though. Recruiting players is nationwide and players are now allowed to transfer without much of any prohibition for doing so. It is still way better than the NFL, at the present time, though. It is no coincidence that college stadiums typically seat far more than NFL stadiums, and many schools sell out their home games 100% of the time and have done so for decades. There are a number of college stadiums that seat 100,000-plus and they'll sell out every single game. No NFL stadium seats more than 70-some-odd thousand, and they frequently don't sell out.

Glad you got to see Savannah. That's where the colony of Georgia began back in 1732. There is a lot of history there.

Welcome aboard!
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
Welcome mate..I’ll have a large dram of Dahlwinnie tonight for you being a Dawg fan.
Well durn you won't be seeing Athens, that game in Atlanta. If you did come to the actual University of Georgia, I have a 5 part #100 Georgia Natural Wonder on the North Campus and 4 tangents including one on the New Wave Music scene of the 1980's. (GNW #100 Part 1) (Part 2 Antebellum) (Part 3) (Part 4 Music) (Part 5 - Football History Here)

I work as Tour Guide in Atlanta can show you that part of Georgia. PM me for details. If you really like Georgia, my Forum is over detailed.

[Image: 62f693f2342ab7ff3ff82a1e_ibj-03.jpg]
Bobby Jones carried of the Green at St. Andrews in Scotland after winning the 2nd of 3 British Opens.
[Image: iOvLDN1.jpg?1] [Image: 1VWtPlw.jpg?1] [Image: CK0zHIu.jpg] [Image: yTj6tPw.jpg?1] [Image: Nhc7kqD.jpg?1] [Image: J3gH23f.jpg?1] 
[Image: XL6hRLC.jpg?1] [Image: 5sF0KCy.jpg] [Image: Krtkq7L.jpg?2] [Image: zhgbCrH.jpg?1]
(06-15-2024, 10:15 AM)Replying to DawgDaddy

(06-15-2024, 10:52 AM)Replying to Milldawg

Thank you mate

(06-15-2024, 11:05 AM)Replying to RockmartDawg

Haha im not one of those Scots who dislike the English. Glad you got to see such beautiful places in Scotland. Loch lomond and the highlands are one of my favourite places in the world.

Yeah i loved the history of Savannah, and you can see the British, American and other history that has influenced the city. 

Thanks again for the reply and to everyone else above

(06-15-2024, 11:14 AM)Replying to Top Row Dawg

Thank you for the reply. And im saving up to come over which will take 2 years as i have 2 young kids lol. 

When i come over, it will definitely be a game at Sanford. I really want to experience a game there. And that would be amazing to take part in your tour. Will pm you nearer the time.
Scottie…you like boiled peanuts?

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(06-15-2024, 12:07 PM)Replying to GriffWoody

I genuinely havent had them, is this actually a thing? Lol

(06-15-2024, 11:12 AM)Replying to Punkin14

Enjoy mate :-)
Welcome and GO DAWGS! SIC 'EM! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!
RogasingingdawgWelcome and GO DAWGS! SIC 'EM!  WOOF!  WOOF!  WOOF!

thank you mate

Go Dawgs!!!!
Welcome aboard!  Hope you enjoy your visit to the US, and, as always, GO DAWGS!
(06-15-2024, 03:09 PM)Replying to WRGA Dog

Thank you mate, appreciate it
My daughter did a school project on our family ancestry.  Turns out, my Great, Great, ever how many Great's Grandfather came over from Scotland. 

Hell....Me n' you mite be kinfolk!

Go Dawgs!

[Image: home_2.jpg]
One line of my family came from the Isles of Skye.  They fought in the American Revolution for the side that won......two Georgia units.  They also helped start two of the oldest Presbyterian Churches in Norrtheast Georgia.  A couple of hundred years later my father taught at UGA and I went to school there.  Welcome to the DAWG family.  There are MANY Scots already here!
Glad you enjoyed yourself. I certainly enjoyed myself in your beautiful country and I plan to go back in the next 3-4 years. Love everything about it, especially the people. Glad you’ve adopted the Dawgs. DawgNation.com is a great place to stay in terms of keeping up with the team. And please ignore Toasty B, he would not fall into the category of Dawgs fans you’d enjoy meeting. 

Safe travels back home. I hope you get to Athens one day for a big night time game. The noise and crowd size puts any NFL stadium to shame.

Cheers!