Forum Jump:

Just played pickleball for the first time gimme 6 mos ill dominate the sport imma
Man child out there
I’ve never played, I’d dominate you..
Cool
You were probably the youngest player on the court.
(06-18-2024, 08:50 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

It’s like giant ping pong, I have seen it on cruise ships and here in Peachtree City, more of a social thing than anything else..NTTAWWT.
Cool
(06-18-2024, 08:56 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

It’s like giant ping pong, I have seen it on cruise ships and here in Peachtree City, more of a social thing than anything else..NTTAWWT.
[/quote]

Yeah, I watched some at HHI.  It looks like a game of quickness more than speed or power.  A lot of tennis courts on HHI are being converted to pickleball.  It might be the racquetball of the 2000's, get really popular and then fade quickly.  It looks like it might be the last gasp game of boomers and Gen X "athletes" who aren't ready to admit their athletic days are behind them.
(06-18-2024, 06:36 PM)Replying to Smokindawg

bro, we could dominate
The medical industrial complex has seen the biggest rise to injuries to seniors from pickleball. Gramps out there giving it his all. I saw a lady in her 70s wandering around the National in a boot during the Masters and someone asked her what happened. Pickleball...

Y'all be careful out on that mini battlefield.
(06-19-2024, 07:42 AM)Replying to dncdawg

Wholesale destruction of knees and ankles.  Orthopedic practice groups should sponsor pickleball tournaments.  They would see an incredible return on their investment.