Forum Jump:

Son of Garrison Hearst is a walk on transfer .....
AJC

Man I hope Garrison gets into College Football Hall Of Fame this year. Garrison Hearst played at Georgia from 1990-92, earning All-America honors and finishing as a Heisman Trophy finalist as a junior in 1992. He gained 3,778 yards and scored 35 touchdowns in his UGA career before becoming an NFL first-round pick.

Gannon Hearst makes it 11 running backs on the roster.
[Image: iOvLDN1.jpg?1] [Image: 1VWtPlw.jpg?1] [Image: CK0zHIu.jpg] [Image: yTj6tPw.jpg?1] [Image: Nhc7kqD.jpg?1] [Image: J3gH23f.jpg?1] 
[Image: XL6hRLC.jpg?1] [Image: 5sF0KCy.jpg] [Image: Krtkq7L.jpg?2] [Image: zhgbCrH.jpg?1]
I know that’s a small school, but 5 carries for 84 yards is doggone good against any competition.

Has good size. Wonder why he didn’t get a better offer out of high school. Is he slow or something?
Interesting. Says while at GAC he was All-Region and was honorable mention All-County, and that is over in Gwinnett County, which is uber-stacked with numerous large school powerhouse football programs. Also says he ran track and was named to the all-county honorable mention team while making second team all-county in the 100 meter dash. There are no numbers/figures given there, but it sounds like he's probably pretty fast... "fast enough", I would say.

Garrison Hearst is definitely on that all-time great list for UGA running backs. I still think about just how close we were during the 1992 season, which was his junior year (he went pro). We lost 2 games that year... to Florida and Tennessee (at home.. ugh) by a combined total of 5 points... and beat good ole' Kirk Herbstreit and THE Ohio State in that year's Citrus Bowl... finishing in the top ten. If we had a defense that year, we might have won the whole enchilada. On offense we had Zeier at QB, Hearst at RB, and Andre Hastings at WR. All three of them were phenomenal players at their position.

For his Heisman campaign, he was in quite good company. If I remember correctly, Hearst finished 3rd (he was present at the Heisman presentation). Marshall Faulk finished 2nd, and Miami's QB, Gino Torretta won the Heisman. I actually think that it should have been either Hearst or Faulk winning it, and Torretta MAYBE 3rd... if not lower. They just gave it to him because of the team's performance... which, interestingly, even though they were heavily favored to win in the BCS championship, they got throttled by Alabama, 34-13.

Marshall Faulk seemed to play a bit better at the NFL level than did Hearst. I do think that his playing at San Diego State was a negative toward his Heisman campaign.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
I remember when everyone eagerly awaited the offspring of a certain UGA running back and his track star wife. That one didn’t go as we had hoped either
(07-16-2024, 08:23 AM)Replying to ToccoaDog

Heh heh... yeah. True. He DID show up when said UGA RB ran for senate.  Wink
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
My son played with him at GAC. If I remember correctly, he tore his ACL his junior year
Did not know, Thanks TRD. And you are 100% on GH.