Forum Jump:

Good read on opening ceremony
With some eyeraising stats.

Civilization has about jumped the shark imo....but I am glad folks aren't buying the apology.

Don't think that this is out of bounds. Apologies if it is.

===> https://europeanconservative.com/article...the-seine/
good read, it was interesting to hear the perspective of some of the people quoted. Thanks for posting. I am not watching a bit of the Olympics
No links to back up his stats, I for one done believe that many folks think they’re gay.

But yeah, this is how commies post on the lounge..you know better.
Cool
(07-29-2024, 07:32 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

I dont think its a violation of the rules but if you do then man up for once and report the post if you believe it shouldn't be here.

Oh yeah...there are links to show where the stats originated.
(07-29-2024, 07:52 PM)Replying to bNe

I dont think its a violation of the rules but if you do then man up for once and report the post if you believe it shouldn't be here.

Oh yeah...there are links to show where the stats originated.
[/quote]
I don’t report on folks..that said, I know a lot of folks that age…they must be of a different mindset.
Cool
All bark and no bite?

Standard.

No link is very different from not your experience.

Also standard.

(07-29-2024, 07:30 PM)Replying to Milldawg

Yer welcome and Ditto. Not watching a bit of it here either.
(07-29-2024, 08:10 PM)Replying to bNe

You got the Braves? Or do you just want to argue? Smile My experience is real life with real folks..maybe it’s different in Augusta. F Clempson, can we agree on that?
Cool
the heck with france and the heck with the ioc.
(07-29-2024, 08:12 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

You got the Braves? Or do you just want to argue? Smile My experience is real life with real folks..maybe it’s different in Augusta. F Clempson, can we agree on that?
[/quote]

Calls names and makes argumentative statements,  gets put in place, then questions who is being argumentative. 

You sir are acting like a democrat.
Thread being watched. Hasn’t crossed the line…yet. Wink
(07-29-2024, 07:00 PM)Replying to bNe

Because of the blasphemous display I have not watched, nor will I watch, a second of the olympics. Sooner or later I have t draw a personal line in the sand. Now I have.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin."
Unfortunately, the Olympics began being politicized at least as far back as in the 1950s, when countries began boycotting the games over political/national matters.

The 1996 Atlanta games were enormously politicized, i.e. "cleaned up". ACOG got directly involved in internal matters within the state of Georgia, which led to protests throughout the entirety of their carrying of the torch through the state. ACOG (had to be with the blessing of ICOG) even refused to allow the torch to be ran through Cobb County, implementing a route plan so that when they reached the county line they stopped running with it, putting it inside a truck, and driving it through Cobb County and resuming the run once they got outside of Cobb County. In response, the mayor of Lithia Springs prohibited them from running it through Lithia Springs because of what they did to Cobb County.

The opening ceremony of the 2012 games in London also were ridiculous and caused great controversy.

They have gone on the offensive, aiming at what is truly their underlying target. They drew a line and made themselves clear. And in keeping themselves consistent, they are lying ... or at least trying to... to try to cover up what they did.

That is a great article, linked in the initial post.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
I’m not one to go quoting the Bible at every turn. But, this display sure deserves it in my opinion:

“Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5.20

I saw posts from pastors online trying to say it wasn’t that bad. Shame!!!

A man’s nutsack on display isn’t right in any world. That was an abomination and sometimes things just need to be called what they are.
(07-30-2024, 10:09 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

You are right. I have also heard professing Christians come to the defense of the presentation, and primarily those participating. They do so, though, by trying to place the focus solely on the participating individuals, saying things like, "Jesus would sit and eat with these people", as if the controversy is focused on the state of the souls of those participating. They fully ignore (or are they just blinded?) the FACT that the issue at hand is an enormously planned display.... the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, for crying out loud... that fully and openly attacks Jesus Christ and Christianity, in general. Sure, at the base of it all is the condition of those who did it. But it does warrant being called out, as it wasn't just some person doing or saying something. It was a legitimate (or at least it used to be legitimate) global event involving every single country (and their people) on the planet.... and that little ditty was what they came up with to open the games. As I have read some say, if they had attacked Islam in such a way, Paris would be burning right now.

What they don't say (ever) is that Jesus would sit and eat with such people and call them to repent of their sins, and trust in Him for their salvation in the day of the wrath of God. But... again... that is not what is at hand. The platform used... and their being allowed to do so through that platform... is what is at hand.

I've heard similar professing Christians come running to the defense of all sorts of similar situations. These people have taken to the "social justice" movement and hijacked the Christian faith to try to make the two one and the same... and it is not. This is nothing less than their calling evil good, darkness light, bitter sweet, exactly as the Scripture you referenced says.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”