Forum Jump:

Terrifying passenger plane crash in Brazil with 62 on board
Here's a link from x with video, if you can stomach it.
D,JD, that didn’t even look real..
Cool
Geez! How does a commercial plane like that end up in a flat spin?
(08-09-2024, 01:12 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Crazy.  Must have been a failure of more than one system, like an engine failure, plus loss of rudder control.  Looks like something out of one of those end of days movies.
Wow! Looks like it lost all power and did a spin to the ground. The explosion was so soon after impact, if anyone survived the crash they still had almost no time (maybe 3 or 4 seconds) to escape the plane before the fireball. Very sad for the family who had loved ones on the flight.
If it was in Brazil, they probably don't have a black box to help with the investigation. I didn't see any markings on it to denote an airline. I do all I can to stay off any of those turboprop airplanes. Same damn thing happened in Nepal over a year ago. Damn pilot feathered the props by mistake so the engines were running just fine and they did not notice it if at all until it was too late. Fell out of the sky like a brick.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xVe4g314A...ture=share
If I had to guess: he had too much weight in the rear, and got too slow, and stalled it. Opposite rudder to stop the spin, push the nose down to get air flowing over the wings to produce lift. Then pull up to recover. He was too low for any of that. And if he was indeed too heavy aft, he wasn’t gonna recover anyway.
those poor people, can't imagine.............
New info has come out from some guys on an aviation board I’m on. Tracking data suggests there could have been severe icing on the control surfaces. The crew supposedly asked ATC for lower altitudes to help combat icing, but were denied. Ice built up, stalled the wing, tail inputs weren’t effective, and he was unable to recover.