Forum Jump:

Pic Xeeted by the Hargrett Library this morning.
Clemson at Georgia on Herty Field on Oct. 8, 1898.  Dawgs won 20-8.

[Image: GWJdqXGakAAgBVF?format=jpg&name=medium]
I bet our passing game sucked that day.
Cool
(08-29-2024, 08:25 AM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

Bobo?
(08-29-2024, 07:55 AM)Replying to dncdawg

I bet Gulfport thought we could win but might lose.
(08-29-2024, 08:28 AM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

Bobo?
[/quote]

His Great Grandaddy.  Big Grin
We beat Clemson 3 times in a row from 1898-1900 then, Clemson beat us 7 in a row from 1900 to 1906. Since 1906 they have only beaten us 11 times.
Looks just like those 70s and 80s Clempson games to me. The playing field always was very blurry and foggy, but damn it was a fine, fine time.

Damn, I love beating down on the rockpetters.

F Charlie Waters. Tree Rollins , Homer Jordan , Steve Fuller, Dwight Clark and all of the rest of 'em cheating SOBs
(08-29-2024, 08:52 AM)Replying to Zolotisty

When I was at Georgia and for several years afterwards, Clemson was probably the most hated rival.
(08-29-2024, 08:28 AM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

Bobo?
[/quote]

Great Great Granddaddy Bobo

(08-29-2024, 09:00 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

When I was at Georgia and for several years afterwards, Clemson was probably the most hated rival.
[/quote]

Without a doubt..
Cool
That's 4 sure.  It was pure hate during that period. Particularly, for those of us with CSRA roots. Those mill workers from across the river loved Clempson. Clempson was the working man's college. My older brother was HR manager at Milliken Textiles in Saluda. They hated all things Georgia over there.
Good omen
(08-29-2024, 09:37 AM)Replying to Zolotisty

I went to North Augusta to HS.  There were a surprising number of Georgia fans in North Augusta.  In my 3 years living over there I learned to loathe Clempson and their fans.  The SCu chicken fans were as delusional then as they are now but they knew Georgia was better in every respect.  The tigger fans had (and still have) the most inflated sense of self worth of any group I've ever known.  I can tell you the low rent white trash over there liked the chickens about as much as they liked the tiggers.  The more rural redneck types were almost exclusively clempson fans.