Forum Jump:

Burns on SEC this morning talking about Kirbs...
Big Grin 
said he'll win at least 6 Natty's before he leaves Athens.  And yes ... he really said 6.
GATA. Cool
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
Maybe, I think the 12 team playoff makes it harder..
Cool
I also think you'll see a team come out of nowhere with huge NIL and buy a team for a 1 or 2yr run.. like the Marlins...
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
(08-30-2024, 11:53 AM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

Much harder imo.  All 12 will at least be "good" to "very good" teams and injuries, bad calls, and freak plays will let some of the lower seeded teams knock off some of the top seeds.

(08-30-2024, 11:58 AM)Replying to DawgWood

I think FSU tried that last season.  Ole Miss is trying it this season.  aTm bought that great recruiting class and did nothing but fire Jimbo when he failed to do anything.

I think it is harder to buy a championship team in college football than in MLB or other pro sports leagues.  I can see schools buying college basketball championships with big NIL deals.
(08-30-2024, 12:42 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Much harder imo.  All 12 will at least be "good" to "very good" teams and injuries, bad calls, and freak plays will let some of the lower seeded teams knock off some of the top seeds.

[/quote]

In one sense, indeed it does introduce more hurdles and more chances to slip up and get beat. On the other hand, in comparison to the BCS and the four-team playoff format, it offers more opportunities to even by vying for the title. Had there been a 12-team playoff in recent years, we'd have been in them more than double the amount we have been. Sure, we might have also gotten beat somewhere along the way. Then again, maybe not.

Last season is a good example. We screwed up in the SECCG. But had we been given a shot through the 12-team playoff, I would have felt pretty good about our chances.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(08-30-2024, 11:42 AM)Replying to DawgWood

Wut kind of Burns?
(08-30-2024, 11:58 AM)Replying to DawgWood

It will be interesting to see a baseball team playing NCAA football, not saying you are wrong, just will be interesting

(08-30-2024, 01:30 PM)Replying to Toasty B

Wut kind of Burns?
[/quote]

rug or Mr.