Forum Jump:

Injury report question...
This new injury report thing, which is a tool for gamblers and another step in turning college football into the NFL JV, requires coaches to submit a list of player availability or be fined.  What is to stop a coach from listing every player as "questionable" or "game time decision"?  Either of those would be factual no matter how badly a player might be injured.
(09-05-2024, 09:35 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Chip Towers forgot to sign out of his burner account.  Smile Wink Cool

Actually, I would expect Kirby to do exactly what you say.
The bellichek model
its funny in the NFL. when a team gets their hand slapped, they basically post the entire team on injury report... bruised leg, sore wrist, back soreness, etc... I see Kirb doing that
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
wish I had known Cam Rising was out last year during bowl season.
3 out for Dogs of Georgia
100% gametime decision.

The report is due on Wednesdays, I think and they way they treat these guys, there's a good chance that they are good to go 3 days later.
(09-05-2024, 09:49 AM)Replying to dncdawg

They could get hurt on Thursday or have a scooter accident on Friday.  Every player should be listed as questionable or game time decision.
What is OFS that some players have?
(09-05-2024, 10:03 AM)Replying to DawgWood

Where do you see that?  I don't see that as a category in the rule.

student-athletes will be designated as “available,” “probable,” “questionable,” “doubtful,” or “out” for their next game.  To provide additional clarity on game day, student-athletes will be designated as “available,” “game time decision,” or “out” for the upcoming game.

Nothing..
Cool
Here's what the UK/USCe report looks like, if'n you're a betting man.

Availability Report
(09-05-2024, 10:18 AM)Replying to dncdawg

student-athletes will be designated as “available,” “probable,” “questionable,” “doubtful,” or “out” for their next game.  To provide additional clarity on game day, student-athletes will be designated as “available,” “game time decision,” or “out” for the upcoming game.
[/quote]

At this LANK  some players have OFS by their name.  See Brett Seither with the gnats as example.  Just trying to figure out what OFS is.  Off field something?  I don't think it would be Off field suspension
(09-05-2024, 11:55 AM)Replying to DawgWood

[/quote]

At this LANK  some players have OFS by their name.  See Brett Seither with the gnats as example.  Just trying to figure out what OFS is.  Off field something?  I don't think it would be Off field suspension
[/quote]
Out For Season
(09-05-2024, 11:55 AM)Replying to DawgWood

[/quote]

[/quote]

It means out for season.  That's not an official schedule, just some gambling scouts.  I looked up one of the players and he had tommy john and will be out for the season, so that's how I figured it out.