Forum Jump:

Cornerback Daniel Harris was arrested last night.
Bunch of vehicle related charges:
Affixing materials that reduce visibility of windows/windshield
no proof of insurance
operation of unregistered vehicles
use of safety belts
reckless driving.
(09-13-2024, 11:29 AM)Replying to dncdawg

this is ridiculous. I realize these are young men over 18 yrs old and SHOULD be able to police themselves but since they are not, do we have somebody on staff that keeps up with what these guys drive and if they are LEGAL to drive it?
Preacher is already falling down on the job.
(09-13-2024, 11:58 AM)Replying to kdsdawg

this is ridiculous. I realize these are young men over 18 yrs old and SHOULD be able to police themselves but since they are not, do we have somebody on staff that keeps up with what these guys drive and if they are LEGAL to drive it?
[/quote]

$50 bond...smells like a nothing burger
Twitter is ripping us up about it. I just can't believe Athens is the only place shit like this is happening. I don't know if any of those charges really warrant an arrest. Maybe the reckless driving, but it seems they could have just written him a citation.

This stuff happening over and over really blows my mind.
No tag, no insurance, window tint, seat belt. These 4 are the result of the reckless driving stop. That said, Harris is a full on dumbass. I guess his "culture" doesn't believe motor vehicle laws and regulations apply to them.
(09-13-2024, 12:35 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Mrs. Lump was also full of dumbass last night

Just read this headline

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...igQ2rxQDPQ
(09-13-2024, 12:38 PM)Replying to Toasty B

Just read this headline

[/quote]

I don't know what the news idiots think Kirby can do about traffic related issues?  These are adults driving their own cars.  Do the media types think Jere should be responsible for all UGA students driving habits and violations?  When asked, Kirby should say "I can't control how these men drive their own cars.  These are adults who are responsible for their own actions when it comes to driving.  The police and the courts will have to deal with that".
(09-13-2024, 12:44 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Just read this headline

[/quote]

I don't know what the news idiots think Kirby can do about traffic related issues?  These are adults driving their own cars.  Do the media types think Jere should be responsible for all UGA students driving habits and violations?  When asked, Kirby should say "I can't control how these men drive their own cars.  These are adults who are responsible for their own actions when it comes to driving.  The police and the courts will have to deal with that".
[/quote]
Not to mention Kirby has a staffer assigned to almost exclusively this.  Bryan Gannt

Just read this headline

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not to mention Kirby has a staffer assigned to almost exclusively this.  Bryan Gannt
I guess he wants Ellis Robinson to take his job.
(09-13-2024, 12:48 PM)Replying to Toasty B

Just read this headline

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just read this headline

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He should fire Gannt or wash his hands of the whole driving issues thing.
I don’t see how you totally prevent this type of thing..you can ask them for a license and insurance..some folks pay the min monthly, it expires quickly..I doubt we can confiscate their keys, plus they have access to friends cars etc..game suspension and run the steps ad nauseum..

JC makes a good point about Jere and the student body..
Cool
Can we get these morons an NIL deal with Uber and Lyft? 106 in a 2018 Cherokee. Can those POSs even go that fast?
(09-13-2024, 01:39 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

I have a hard time seeing how this is something Kirby should be too involved with.  He isn't their father and has no authority over their driving or vehicle registration or insurance.  I don't think HS coaches get involved in traffic offenses of players.  Game suspensions or even running steps seems like Kirby getting involved in something he has no real business being involved with.

Let the player deal with the fines or jail time like every other adult.
(09-13-2024, 01:56 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

I have a hard time seeing how this is something Kirby should be too involved with.  He isn't their father and has no authority over their driving or vehicle registration or insurance.  I don't think HS coaches get involved in traffic offenses of players.  Game suspensions or even running steps seems like Kirby getting involved in something he has no real business being involved with.

Let the player deal with the fines or jail time like every other adult.
[/quote]
That’s fine with me..but then folks would say he’s turning a blind eye to the problem..
Cool
Kirby needs to have a mandatory drivers education program for the football program that covers how to drive responsibly and obey the law, and the consequences of not doing so under the law and as a member of the football program.  You can bring this under control and need to do so.
Needs to go..............
(09-13-2024, 03:25 PM)Replying to WRGA Dog

This might be the most naive take I've seen.