Forum Jump:

Anybody recall a white QB winning a natty or Super Bowl w/ an arm sleeve?
Carson looking to break the barrier and collect his 77 whores at end of season
I didn't like the one leg sleeve thing he was doing, mimicking Unglaylaylay from Clem/OS/FSU?
(09-15-2024, 03:26 PM)Replying to Milldawg

im wid ya.............  whats the point?
(09-15-2024, 03:41 PM)Replying to ugafan49

im wid ya.............  whats the point?
[/quote]

look cool is all I can think....he needs to be thinking more football less fashion IMO
What Beck does to his body is his business.

But I don't have any desire to have what my grandad called "that garbage that makes you look like a circus freak" on my body.
There is an Old Testament prohibition against them (Leviticus 19:28), but my main reason is most I see are ugly and I don't want a permanent ink reminder of a bad decision on my body for the rest of my life.

I have some injury scars that already do that. Wink
(09-15-2024, 04:13 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

I am a preachers son and can tell you why the prohibition about tattoos was written like it was. At the time of early Christianity the Christians were putting marks and scars on their body in memory of the dead (having barely been removed from the pagan past since early Christians were convert because only Jews believed in Yahweh, etc). These early converts were putting marks to let people know they were remembering Jesus and worse than that were scarring and tatting their faces so as to put it out there what they believed. The other people who worshipped other dirties and gods thought they were nuts and it gave Christians a bad reputation. If you want to know more I can get a lot more details if I go back and get all my research. My Dad didn’t want me to mark myself up but I sure did. First tattoo was a cross. Of course you know it ain’t a dealbreaker with Jesus. If you look at all the old prohibitions you would be in trouble just for walking out your door on a Sabbath.
(09-15-2024, 05:04 PM)Replying to FeralDawg

I am a preachers son and can tell you why the prohibition about tattoos was written like it was. At the time of early Christianity the Christians were putting marks and scars on their body in memory of the dead (having barely been removed from the pagan past since early Christians were convert because only Jews believed in Yahweh, etc). These early converts were putting marks to let people know they were remembering Jesus and worse than that were scarring and tatting their faces so as to put it out there what they believed. The other people who worshipped other dirties and gods thought they were nuts and it gave Christians a bad reputation. If you want to know more I can get a lot more details if I go back and get all my research. My Dad didn’t want me to mark myself up but I sure did. First tattoo was a cross. Of course you know it ain’t a dealbreaker with Jesus. If you look at all the old prohibitions you would be in trouble just for walking out your door on a Sabbath.

[/quote]
That's why I mentioned the Old Testament passage.   There are quite a few folks, more women than men, with tats at my church. Well at least with visible tats with what they wear to church. 

Jesus is more interested in the heart than the skin.
(09-15-2024, 01:36 PM)Replying to jmac

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!    

[Image: beck%20tattoo%202.jpg.webp][Image: GFqtX1fXAAAw5RL.jpg:large]
I’m with you, Roga, a permanent reminder of a temporary emotion in most cases I suspect…I can understand a drunk sailor on shore pass on a Saturday night in Thailand….but what is going on today, I’ll never understand…I know I’m just an old fart set in my ways but I’ve yet to see any that enhance their appearance… fugly IMO & not far from here there is a laser tat removal business that seems always busy…so pay me now and pay me later I guess…
Carson getting flashy. Need good ol fashioned Code Red from defensive line to get him on right path. Maybe a nite with a portly woman.
(09-15-2024, 06:03 PM)Replying to jmac

Sounds like a plan!  Get him 2 portly wimmens! Big Grin