Forum Jump:

Question for the Bobo Haters...
First some context...No Dawg fan wanted Bobo over Monken.  None.  I would assume most of us would have been happy with a different choice just for sake of not having a retread.  I would also assume that most of the fans not carrying around a white-hot hate for Bobo fall into the "I trust Kirby" camp.  I know I do.

With that said, here is my question...

Would you take Kirby and Bobo for another 10 years or any other head coach in the country?
(09-17-2024, 03:40 PM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

Yes !!!!
[Image: SULsTlp.gif]

[Image: 46V5Ws7.gif]

[Image: 9SwMjfa.jpg]
Why does it have to be either or? I don’t have a white hot hatred for Bobo but he sure picks an odd time to go into a shell. I could not have been happier than him calling that pass to Dom when we just HAD to get a first down near the end of the game and then a toss sweep in there too.
I know a lot of that shit game was execution but we seemed to think we could out talent them (and we really should) that whole first half and didn’t make any real adjustments. If we play THAT game against the rest of our schedule would you still prefer Bobo over anyone? We talk all the time about explosive plays but that game wasn’t explosive other than Kirby having meltdowns.
I trust Kirby will coach Bobo up, and that is why I would take another 10 years. I’m not a Bobo hater, but it has been disappointing not to score TDs in the first half of two games. Bobo has called every play and Beck has taken every snap. Someone needs to figure out how to score more TDs.

[Image: KwfrTjh.jpg]
Silly question. You don't have to have both of them. Kirby can hire another OC and I think he should. If Bobo sticks around for 10 more years we will be back to the CMR 9.73 wins per year average but no championships and lots of "IF ONLY!". Bobo is what he is and he isn't going to change. It isn't Kirby's job to teach him to be a better OC. He is as predictable as the sun rising in the east in his play calling.

Bobo is Kirby's friend, good friend. It is going to be interesting to see if Kirby will tolerate Bobo bed shitting for their friendship. I don't "hate" Bobo, I know he isn't the OC to win championships and that is why I want him gone.
If Kirby has to “coach” up Bobo we are in for a world of shit. It’s on him to hire the best possible OC..his job demands it. Bobo was never it. Kirbys kryptonite, success or fail, will be his allegiance to friends.
What’s the question?
(09-17-2024, 07:22 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Not silly, just a simple hypothetical. Is suffering Bobo worth it if that is Kirby's pick? I trust Kirby and think he is the best chance to win more titles-Bobo or no Bobo. Sounds like you disagree.

(09-17-2024, 07:43 PM)Replying to Smokindawg

Would you let Bobo man the Peeves?
(09-17-2024, 07:43 PM)Replying to Smokindawg

Best bands to play for BroCoFestiMOAT. Everyone here seems to be thinking it’s Nickelback. If only there was a hero to save us. Someone we could SMOKE out to let us in on the tunes.
Ultimate weekend wood be to load up Smokin and the Peaveys and set up in Athens and play Three doors down to piss people off.

Kirby trumps any OC....but I do think if Bobo is an issue Kirby will address it. I don't think anyone wants to win more than Kirby
(Yesterday, 07:14 AM)Replying to Milldawg

Kirby trumps any OC....but I do think if Bobo is an issue Kirby will address it. I don't think anyone wants to win more than Kirby
[/quote]
I tend to agree, but was wondering how long the white-hot Bobo haters would support Kirby as long as Bobo was in tow
(Yesterday, 07:24 AM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

[/quote]
I tend to agree, but was wondering how long the white-hot Bobo haters would support Kirby as long as Bobo was in tow
[/quote]

If Kirby sticks with Bobo and the on field results are Richt/Bobo like I think the fans will react with Kirby like they did with Richt, they will tire of "almost" and "if only".  I don't think Kirby puts up with Bobo shitting the bed very long, at least I hope he won't.

Bobo cost Kirby a threepeat and an SEC championship last year.  Kirby has to know that and I can't imagine Kirby is OK with it.
(Yesterday, 07:47 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

[/quote]
[/quote]

If Kirby sticks with Bobo and the on field results are Richt/Bobo like I think the fans will react with Kirby like they did with Richt, they will tire of "almost" and "if only".  I don't think Kirby puts up with Bobo shitting the bed very long, at least I hope he won't.

Bobo cost Kirby a threepeat and an SEC championship last year.  Kirby has to know that and I can't imagine Kirby is OK with it.
[/quote]

Agree with most all of this.    If we don’t at least make the top 4, I believe Bobo will gracefully bow out.    Kirby knows time is precious and the wolves (other teams) are at the door.   Another thing that isn’t talked about…but, Bobo still doesn’t look overly healthy to me.    I could see him retire due to his health.    But, we shall see.     The Bama game should tell us a whole bunch about who we are.
(Yesterday, 07:47 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you really think Kirby lays the Bama loss solely at Bobo's feet?  I find that hard to believe

I don't hate Bobo. I thought Kirby could've hired better at the OC and OL coach position. Kirby has earned the right to do whatever he thinks best for UGA FB.
(Yesterday, 08:08 AM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you really think Kirby lays the Bama loss solely at Bobo's feet?  I find that hard to believe
[/quote]

Definitely not publicly, Kirby isn't going to do that but Kirby has to have seen what the rest of the world saw when Bobo went into a shell for almost three quarters.  I don't know, and we will never know, if Kirby talked with Bobo about it after that game but I have to think he did.  Bobo's offense hasn't changed one bit since the CMR days.  He calls the same plays in the same situations today as he did with CMR and at Colorado State and SC and AU.  He is hopelessly predictable and opposing coaches know how he responds to given situations.
(Yesterday, 08:23 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Definitely not publicly, Kirby isn't going to do that but Kirby has to have seen what the rest of the world saw when Bobo went into a shell for almost three quarters.  I don't know, and we will never know, if Kirby talked with Bobo about it after that game but I have to think he did.  Bobo's offense hasn't changed one bit since the CMR days.  He calls the same plays in the same situations today as he did with CMR and at Colorado State and SC and AU.  He is hopelessly predictable and opposing coaches know how he responds to given situations.
[/quote]
If it is as evident as you claim and Kirby didn't fire him after last season, I'd say you're stuck with them both.

it really is an interesting question.  As others have said, I don't hate Bobo, but I damn sure hate his play calling most of the time.  He relies too much on the belief that guys are going to execute with 100% perfection on every play.  Problem is, that's predictable and other teams know it. 

I don't recall at any point believing I knew what play Monken had drawn up.  To me that's the difference, it was way more entertaining. 

For example, we struggled the last 2 times we have been to Lexington, and yet in those games I never had that sinking feeling of we are going to lose this game.  I had it last weekend.  I had no faith in Bobo figuring out at least 1 or 2 plays to get us into the endzone.  And he really didn't.  The one TD was a bit of sheer will.  And we dodged a couple of bullets an got lucky. 

But as for HC, not sure I'd want anyone else in Athens.  Kirby, being an Alum, loves the Dawgs and the university.  That goes a long way for me as a fan.  I have no doubt that he absolutely wants to do what's best for the program, team, and school because he takes pride in it.  Not just pride in a "job well done".  Not here just to get a paycheck.  Anyone else coming in, it would simply be a "good opportunity" for them.  For Kirby, it's an opportunity to give back to his alma mater.  Which Ironically enough is why I think he will stick with Bobo too long.  He wants people around him that care for the university like he does, as he should, but if they ain't getting it done he will have to find someone else.
(Yesterday, 08:40 AM)Replying to viper2369

it really is an interesting question.  As others have said, I don't hate Bobo, but I damn sure hate his play calling most of the time.  He relies too much on the belief that guys are going to execute with 100% perfection on every play.  Problem is, that's predictable and other teams know it. 

I don't recall at any point believing I knew what play Monken had drawn up.  To me that's the difference, it was way more entertaining. 

For example, we struggled the last 2 times we have been to Lexington, and yet in those games I never had that sinking feeling of we are going to lose this game.  I had it last weekend.  I had no faith in Bobo figuring out at least 1 or 2 plays to get us into the endzone.  And he really didn't.  The one TD was a bit of sheer will.  And we dodged a couple of bullets an got lucky. 

But as for HC, not sure I'd want anyone else in Athens.  Kirby, being an Alum, loves the Dawgs and the university.  That goes a long way for me as a fan.  I have no doubt that he absolutely wants to do what's best for the program, team, and school because he takes pride in it.  Not just pride in a "job well done".  Not here just to get a paycheck.  Anyone else coming in, it would simply be a "good opportunity" for them.  For Kirby, it's an opportunity to give back to his alma mater.  Which Ironically enough is why I think he will stick with Bobo too long.  He wants people around him that care for the university like he does, as he should, but if they ain't getting it done he will have to find someone else.
[/quote]

I think this is very close to exactly how I feel.    Great take here.