Forum Jump:

Totally shameful...
Sen. Tommy Tuberville: FEMA has 'drained everything dry' | Watch (msn.com)
Here's another good one. I applied for VA healthcare earlier this year. I received a reply stating (I won't type out the entire response):

In 2003, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) made the difficult decision to stop enrolling Veterans with household income exceeding the monthly thresholds who apply for enrollment after January 17, 2003 to ensure the provision of timely and quality medical care for those enrolled.

How This Affects You

Our records indicate you were placed in Priority Group 8G either because your household income exceeds VA's established financial thresholds or you have declined to provide income information on your enrollment application. Veterans with income above the established financial thresholds and who have no special qualifying eligibilities or who decline to provide income information are not eligible for VA health care enrollment at this time. Even though you are not eligible for enrollment, you may be able to receive VA care for certain conditions.

---

So, due to a lack of finances, the VA can't/won't enroll veterans for healthcare whose income exceeds whatever are their established monthly financial thresholds. If my income was below these thresholds I could just enroll in Medicaid. I wouldn't even bother asking to enroll in VA healthcare.

I filled out an application for VA healthcare because my employer-provided health insurance has turned into a despicable joke. It is to the point that I am actually comfortable in believing that my employer is actually MAKING MONEY off of the health plan, as we are now "self insured" (as are many large corporations, these days). The plans they offer are just the same as the bad ones that the insurance companies sell, and the insurance companies are making tremendous profits... tens of billions per year. It is only logical to think that the trust fund which our company has set up for handling the insurance money from its employees is most likely increasing in value.

So, we have money for foreign governments. We have money for millions of illegal immigrants. But we don't have money to fund VA healthcare for qualifying veterans, unless their income level is below the government poverty line.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
so basically they are making it useless if you have another option given certain income levels. So they can still say they "provide" the service
(Yesterday, 09:15 AM)Replying to Milldawg

I think that veterans who retire from the military get Tricare coverage, which is good for them. Aside from that, though, you are exactly right.

I also make note that the decision was made in 2003. This shows it isn't just a party thing. It is certain Washington folk.

The good guys up there are sorely outnumbered. Everyone else are thieves and liars.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
Sickening.
(Yesterday, 09:30 AM)Replying to RockmartDawg

I think that veterans who retire from the military get Tricare coverage, which is good for them. Aside from that, though, you are exactly right.

I also make note that the decision was made in 2003. This shows it isn't just a party thing. It is certain Washington folk.

The good guys up there are sorely outnumbered. Everyone else are thieves and liars.
[/quote]

My first 19 years on active duty my medical care was free, and I was promised free (if available) medical care the rest of my life for serving 20 years. Not my family, just me. One year before I retired (1995) they rolled out Tricare and active duty folks had to start paying into Tricare for medical care for ourselves and family members. It wasn't a large sum but it stung a bit.

Fast forward to now...when you reach age 65, if you don't enroll in Medicare, Tricare will kick you out and they will no longer cover any of your medical care. If you DO enroll in Medicare, Tricare For Life kicks in. So, Medicare is your first payer, and Tricare For Life covers most, if not all incidentals. There is no premium for Tricare For Life. And, it's great!

My last shoulder surgery totaled $125,000.00. With Medicare and Tricare For Life coverage, I paid a total of $28.00. 

Not too shabby, huh?
(Yesterday, 11:19 AM)Replying to gulfportdawg

[/quote]

My first 19 years on active duty my medical care was free, and I was promised free (if available) medical care the rest of my life for serving 20 years. Not my family, just me. One year before I retired (1995) they rolled out Tricare and active duty folks had to start paying into Tricare for medical care for ourselves and family members. It wasn't a large sum but it stung a bit.

Fast forward to now...when you reach age 65, if you don't enroll in Medicare, Tricare will kick you out and they will no longer cover any of your medical care. If you DO enroll in Medicare, Tricare For Life kicks in. So, Medicare is your first payer, and Tricare For Life covers most, if not all incidentals. There is no premium for Tricare For Life. And, it's great!

My last shoulder surgery totaled $125,000.00. With Medicare and Tricare For Life coverage, I paid a total of $28.00. 

Not too shabby, huh?
[/quote]

that's awesome and well deserved for your service
(Yesterday, 11:19 AM)Replying to gulfportdawg

That's awesome... and you earned every nickel of that, and then some. I'm glad they do offer that level of coverage once you hit 65 and go on Medicare. My wife just went on Medicare and we have to pay for Part B at the standard rate of about $173 per month. Part D is... I think?... around $116 per month (that closes the loop to give 100% coverage). I think it is Part G that is for prescriptions... that is actually less than a dollar per month. There is a deductible but it isn't that much..... I think less than $500 per year.

So, it sounds like Tricare For Life serves as Part B... pays what Medicare Part A doesn't pay.

(Yesterday, 01:14 PM)Replying to RockmartDawg

That's awesome... and you earned every nickel of that, and then some. I'm glad they do offer that level of coverage once you hit 65 and go on Medicare. My wife just went on Medicare and we have to pay for Part B at the standard rate of about $173 per month. Part D is... I think?... around $116 per month (that closes the loop to give 100% coverage). I think it is Part G that is for prescriptions... that is actually less than a dollar per month. There is a deductible but it isn't that much..... I think less than $500 per year.

So, it sounds like Tricare For Life serves as Part B... pays what Medicare Part A doesn't pay.
[/quote]
No sir, we pay for Medicare part A our whole working lives. At 65, we start paying for part B. Tricare for life is my supplemental coverage.