Forum Jump:

Gonna be interesting to see who hits the portal and NFL draft for Bama and Tehas*
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin."
(01-02-2024, 09:16 AM)Replying to mansfielddawg

Dallas Turner announced minutes after the game. Milroe will be really interesting, I bet he portals, if he doesn't it will be interesting to see how Saban handles it.
More interesting to See what CNS does now imo.

Lotta steam behind the retirement rumors.
(01-02-2024, 09:35 AM)Replying to bNe

I kinda think he gives bama a heads-up a year or so in advance and then hits the door. And maybe he did that?
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin."
I don't know why he would stay with the state of college football.   But, I'm also the guy that doesn't understand why someone with more than $50M would want to keep doing a stressful job every day.   

If I were worth what SAban is, I'd go into hiding and no one would ever hear from me again.   MAYBE a guest appearance or two.   

I'm of the age where less stress and quality of life are worth more than the price to be paid for winning.

That big beach house on Jupiter Island, FL calling lil Nicky home…
I've never read anything by anyone talking about what a great person Saban is or how he is fun to be around or what hobbies or passion for anything he has. I really think he has pretty much no life outside of coaching so I won't be surprised if he coaches until he dies.
(01-02-2024, 10:31 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Same. I couldn't see him doing anything else. At his stage of life it's not like he's got little kids at home, or wants to see the wife strut the beach in a bikini in Hawaii.
He's one of those that'll probably die on the job.
(01-02-2024, 10:31 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Would not want to be like Bear Bryant...quit coaching and die a few months later...no matter how good I was
There's only one event after retirement is what my Dad used to say. He was correct.
Saban will never retire, he will die coaching.
(01-02-2024, 09:27 AM)Replying to Milldawg

Dallas Turner announced minutes after the game. Milroe will be really interesting, I bet he portals, if he doesn't it will be interesting to see how Saban handles it.
[/quote]

That story about Dallas Turner cracked me up.  The press tried to talk to him after the game and he was like, nah.  I'm going to the NFL.  My obligations to you guys are no mo'.  He packed his bag and went to the bus.
Caleb Downs gonna look good in Red & Black
[Image: 416038776_10224235589974255_574664521183...e=66809096]
(01-02-2024, 06:01 PM)Replying to Booneville Dawg

I would love to see it but heard his folks don't like UGA.
[Image: giphy.gif]