Forum Jump:

Georgia would be favored to beat all the CFP teams according to Danny Sheridan .....
Warning AJC link.
[Image: iOvLDN1.jpg?1] [Image: 1VWtPlw.jpg?1] [Image: CK0zHIu.jpg] [Image: yTj6tPw.jpg?1] [Image: Nhc7kqD.jpg?1] [Image: J3gH23f.jpg?1] 
[Image: XL6hRLC.jpg?1] [Image: 5sF0KCy.jpg] [Image: Krtkq7L.jpg?2] [Image: zhgbCrH.jpg?1]
Yep, had we made the play off we would have been favorites to win it all. Either match-up would have been fun.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Unfortunately one of those games was already played
All 4 playoff teams breathe a sigh of relief when Georgia was left out.
I'm not usually a super conspiracy theory kind of guy, but in this case, I really think the fix was in against us.  No way did college football want us to get a 3-peat national championship.  They didn't want any team to rival what they have/had in the Alabama lore.
Shameful imo.
(01-03-2024, 08:30 PM)Replying to Top Row Dawg

Great stuff Top Row Dawg. Hunker Down.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
(01-04-2024, 05:30 AM)Replying to LuvsDawgs

i agree!!   THW them.
I saw this elsewhere, I'll attribute it to 69Dawg

“I have said it before and I will keep saying it, we beat Bama 1 time in the Kirby era and that was for the Natty and that is the one time there were not SEC refs pulling the Three Blind Mice routine. Hallelujah! Holy Shit”
(01-04-2024, 05:30 AM)Replying to LuvsDawgs

I’m not disagreeing with you, but what do you think the rationale is for “college football” not wanting anything to rival Alabama lore?  From my perspective, most of college football hates alabama.  Now if you want to talk the SEC office in birmingham, I think you have a different case.  The sooner that office leaves Shelby county, the better.  Hell, I think it should be in LA/NYC/Chicago, or somewhere else there isn’t a SEC fanbase to infiltrate the halls.  IMHO, of course.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
(01-04-2024, 11:25 AM)Replying to GriffWoody

I’m not disagreeing with you, but what do you think the rationale is for “college football” not wanting anything to rival Alabama lore?  From my perspective, most of college football hates alabama.  Now if you want to talk the SEC office in birmingham, I think you have a different case.  The sooner that office leaves Shelby county, the better.  Hell, I think it should be in LA/NYC/Chicago, or somewhere else there isn’t a SEC fanbase to infiltrate the halls.  IMHO, of course.
[/quote]

This is much more likely.  Bama is the premier brand in the SEC and the SEC is going to protect their lead horse.  The rest of the country despises Bama and to a somewhat lesser degree the SEC.
If I were having any conspiratorial thoughts on the matter, it wouldn't be that some level of protection was in for Alabama football. I "could" think along the lines of:

A. Maybe wanting to get Saban one more national championship before he rides off into the sunset?

B. This would contradict A., but not wanting yet another SEC school to win the championship. The masses of college football all over the entire country have grown very, very, very, VERY tired and weary of playing out a season only to get into the playoffs and get waxed by some SEC team.

I think that Georgia is/was the only SEC team who had the potential to put an epic beatdown on Michigan, Texas, Washington, anyone else. We just plain screwed up and lost the SECCG, period. That's where we should have taken care of business and this conversation would not exist.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(01-03-2024, 09:07 PM)Replying to ugafan49

No doubt about it.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
Meh, this smacks of the '07 season and "nobody wanted to play us at the end of the season". We didn't get it done and I still blame Bobo.