Forum Jump:

Amazing Anthopolis...The Sale sale

I knew that the Red Sox were covering a lot of Sale's salary for this season, but I did not realize he had also agreed to defer most of the Braves' part as well. $27.5M salary. Red Sox cover $17M, and $10M is deferred to 2039. So Braves only pay $500k
https://www.batterypower.com/2024/1/2/24...sale-trade
And they just signed him for two years after this here one. CKS and AA are very good at they jobs.
Braves were in a great position to add a guy like Sale.  They're a playoff team without him.  Could be a WS team with him.  Grissom was never gonna start here without an injury opening the path.  Masterful moves.  

How is the rehab going?
(01-04-2024, 01:18 PM)Replying to Shadrach

Just had my first follow up today.  Completely off pain meds.  I'm ok to drive now.  And I CAN SHOWER!  Woot!!  PT is kicking my ass, but that's par for the course.  Thanks for asking!
Let's hope Sale can stay healthy. The guy has been plagued with injuries the last couple of seasons. Maybe the change of scenery and the lack of trying to kill himself by preventing batters send his pitches over the green monster every night will help.
Good deal for the Braves, but how are we going to beat the Dodgers?

(01-04-2024, 01:21 PM)Replying to JimDandyDawg

Just had my first follow up today.  Completely off pain meds.  I'm ok to drive now.  And I CAN SHOWER!  Woot!!  PT is kicking my ass, but that's par for the course.  Thanks for asking!
[/quote]

Keep at it. i start next week.
(01-04-2024, 01:34 PM)Replying to ugafan49

we match up ok