Forum Jump:

Random question... how many hours sleep do you typically get?
As I've gotten older, sure seems to be less. I used to be 8 or 9. Now seems more like 6, sometimes less.
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
6-8
In bed 8.5 hours but after getting up once or twice and 15-20 minutes of reading, probably closer to 7 to 7.5
About 6.5 to 7.5 hours at night another 30 to 40 minute nap in recliner in the afternoon on average.
About 7 hours. I wake up at least once. Usually twice depending on my level of stress during the day.
I started wearing a FitBit a couple of years ago that measures sleep. It's certainly not 100% accurate...maybe closer to 85%. But, it is eye-opening how much less you actually get vs. how much time you're in bed. I probably average about 6.5 hrs per night, but, I'm usually in bed trying to sleep at least 8hrs. I sleep way better in winter than in summer...but, not a good sleeper in general.
6-7!hours But old man bladder, stress, wife snoring, etc usually shorten that. Scares me because I’ve read that interrupted sleep can cause longer term health issues
In bed 8+…get about 6hrs of actual sleep.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
Somewhere between 6-9 hours. I've had sleep issues in the past, so no screens/tv in the bedroom and I go to sleep when I'm sleepy and yawning. I don't stay up if my body is telling me to go to bed. Because of that I'm in bed anytime from 9:30 to midnight. I sleep with a window cracked open in the winter. Cool temps aid sleep. I sleep like a teenager now.
About 7-7.5 depending on how long it takes to get back to sleep after getting up to pee 1-3 times per night.  Would love to nap in the afternoon as the bride does but if I do it always takes me longer to fall asleep at bedtime.
Probably get 6-7 hours of actual sleep, in bed around 8. I've always been a very light sleeper so it isn't unusual for me to wake up at least once during the night. I go to sleep initially very easily but when I wake up it takes me a while to fall back asleep. My sleep pattern is pretty well identical to my mother. My brother sleeps exactly like my father, corpse like for 8 hours.

I recently read that humans sleeping uninterrupted all night is a relatively new thing. Historically, humans went to sleep around dark, slept for 3 or 4 hours, woke up for a couple hours and then went back to sleep for another 3-4 hours.
(01-05-2024, 07:46 AM)Replying to DawgWood

7 with my CPAP
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin."

Even as a young man, 6 was a good night for me. Now, it's more like 3-4 depending on a couple of off the wall issues.
Usually 9/10.

depends on yer mum
Did read someone is in bed by 8? I'd be wide awake by 3 AM every damn day.
(01-05-2024, 10:55 AM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

LOL; me too.  I have to stay up until around 10 or I'll be wide awake around 4 or 4:30.
I seem to average around 7ish. On work days it can end up being less... depending upon how much I wake up during the night. On a Saturday ... if I can sleep late... it can be 8-9 hours.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
bout 6 -7 hrs, i do get uo 2 times a night to pee. right ON!!!!!
(01-05-2024, 02:03 PM)Replying to ugafan49

2 pee trips is about average for me too. Cool