Forum Jump:

My sub expires here in a couple of weeks...
and I don't think I'm going to re-up barring a last-minute change of heart.   At the risk of this sounding like a farewell post (it's really not), I thought I'd at least explain...

- This isn't due to any one thing or anyone here.  There are a few reasons...
1.  I don't care for the new format...it's hard for me to follow, and read, and just don't like it. 
2.  I've always had a personal policy not to pay for internet content I can get for free elsewhere.  Yes, this board isn't about "info", but, I always felt different about "donating" vs. actually paying.   Sorry if that offends anyone...esp. The Todd (I know this thing doesn't run for free...I get it).  Why buy the cow?
3.  I don't translate very well in print.  I have a dry sense of humor, I'm getting old and grumpy and sometimes what I type doesn't convey what I actually mean very well.   I generally feel like we all (me at least) don't do a good job of the golden rule.  
4.  For 2024, I've decided to spend WAY less time on social media...unfortunately, this qualifies.  

I want to make sure this doesn't come across as a negative to The Todd.  Can't thank you enough for putting up with me here.  

I consider many of you friends.   Toccoa, Gulfport, Toasty, Sweetriver, and many others I've met personally are just fine people.  Salt of the earth people.  

Roga, JC, BNE, Shadrach, Griff, UJD, and many others (sorry I didn't mention everyone) I feel like I know you well and I'm sure we would get along famously in person.  

Who knows, maybe it's like a couple of other New Year's resolutions, I'll change my mind and be right back here.  I'm reserving that right.  Smile 

It looks like I will still be able to lurk every once in a while...which is good enough for me.  I don't really have much that adds to the board in posting.  

I'll be around for a few more weeks and will certainly post during that time.  Plus, anyone who wants my personal contact info...shoot me a PM and I'll gladly share it.   

I guess this is the point to cue the "BYE" and "Don't let the door hit ya" posts...I understand.
(01-05-2024, 09:40 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

Old HoTD was truly the end of an error  Tongue
Don’t sell yourself short, Natty. You bring a great value to the board.

I’ll agree with you on the board format - I prefer the old format, but this is what we have and I’ll grow accustomed to it.

I also get stepping back from the board. I’m trying to focus more on my family as well (wife + 2 teenage boys), while balancing being on the broad.

I hope you’ll stick around, but your reasoning is solid. I can’t find fault in anything you typed.

[Image: 258s.jpg]

[Image: rfl_4919.jpg]
I think all of us would prefer thread view if it were available. It just isn’t.

If you do depart, your input, both info and opinions will be missed.
^^^What these guys said^^^°
(01-05-2024, 09:40 AM)Replying to DawgNatty
I hope to stay in touch with you. You're a damn good man. I sent you a PM.
Think it over Natty...you'll be missed.
I'll hate it if you do go. I agree about the new format but it is what it is and there really isn't an option to keep the better old format. Yet another example of newer technology being worse than the old but being forced on us.

I'll hang around and pay the Todd, to help him out as much as anything. The guys I've met in person here have all been great people and, like you, there are some I haven't met but am confident I would get along with well if I did.

I've only got one person on "ignore" and that is because he is the kind of person I would not want anything to do with if I knew him in real life. Other than that, even the people who disagree with me on things, everyone seems to be a decent human being.

I hope you decide to stay around but if you don't, I enjoyed knowing you.
(01-05-2024, 10:57 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Take me off ignore, JC - I'm a stand up guy besides my Bobo love!!!  Tongue
Tomato/Hi McD, sorry I left you two off the original...wasn't a slight. You guys are right there with the rest...

I honestly didn't put this up for the bouquets. Just wanted to explain myself and make sure everyone knew it wasn't a...get mad and leave thing. Totally could not be further from the truth...

We'll see and damn, you guys can make a guy rethink in a hurry. Smile
(01-05-2024, 11:07 AM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

[/quote]
(01-05-2024, 11:09 AM)Replying to DawgNatty

Like you said, you can always come back. Luckily this is the only social media I am on. I could imagine X, FB, etc would get tiring
(01-05-2024, 11:07 AM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

Well; since you asked nicely, OK.  
[/quote]
Aside from the contributions you make to helping make HOTD all that it is... I would still think about donating to help out TODD... but to also help to keep it a reality for all of the other HOTDers. I think $50 each year is Silver status.... $50 per year... for helping keep this place alive. That's pretty cheap.

I will add, though... It irritates me to no end to do ANYTHING to kiss Google's butt and capitulate to their censorship. They don't just "allow" some pretty gross stuff elsewhere on the AlGwhores, but they PROMOTE IT. Yes... we do have the Lounge available. I like to think of it as the smoking area of the HOTD. I don't like it. But I guess it's better than just full-on capitulating and fully censoring stuff.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(01-05-2024, 11:55 AM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Well; since you asked nicely, OK.  

Big Grin
[/quote]

[/quote]
(01-05-2024, 12:02 PM)Replying to RockmartDawg

I thought the sub here was $10 per month or $100 per year...period?  Doesn't matter really...it's not about the money for me.  Was always glad to donate to The Todd.
You're a great poster. Hope you stick around.
Well, bye.
(01-05-2024, 12:41 PM)Replying to Shadrach

Hahahaha, someone had to do it!!!  Glad it was you!!!
(01-05-2024, 01:23 PM)Replying to DawgNatty

Hahahaha, someone had to do it!!!  Glad it was you!!!
[/quote]

Lol, I had to plunge into the breech.  We will certainly miss you here.  Godspeed!