Forum Jump:

Dude at work 45 years old has to leave an hour early today
He has D&D this afternoon ( Dungeons and Dragons). They usually play on Saturdays but the dungeon master has to work at the autoparts store tomorrow
Wow! 45 years old and still playing children's games?
To each their own!
I guess he graduated from tech around 2002 or so.
No different than adults that play videogames on a regular basis. Actually, there is probably more intelligence required for D&D. I don't do either fwiw
(01-05-2024, 01:48 PM)Replying to Smokindawg
Never left early.  Never will.
To each there own.....

Good grief. Dang.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]
(01-05-2024, 02:16 PM)Replying to ugafan49

"...their..."
I earned credit in my Philosophy 105 class by playing the UGA Mainframe version of D & D. Professor was a total goob. But I didn’t complain.
(01-05-2024, 02:13 PM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

I don’t do either, but board games like that are way different than video games. 
If it brings them joy, that’s what’s important. Didn’t realize people still played the board game that genre.

D&D was huge in the early-1980s. I remember when I got to my first permanent duty station when in the Air Force... in England... summer of 1981. I got there and they assigned me a dorm room upstairs. I had a roommate. He asked me if I would mind swapping with a buddy of his who had intended to move in there. I told him, "Sure". No difference to me. He told me that I would be moving into a room downstairs, and the guy who would be my roommate had just left to go back to the states on 30 days leave, so I'd have the room all to myself for a month. That's fine with me, so I moved.

I got to meet several new people who occasionally dropped by the room to see if "Joe" was there. "He's not back yet" I told them. 

Finally, one day I'm in there and somebody starts messing with the doorknob. The door opens and a guy comes in. He just gives me a look and brings in his luggage. It was my roommate. I said "Hi" to him, introduced myself. He wasn't unfriendly, per se, but he also wasn't exactly friendly. He just said, "Hi" and continued bringing in his stuff. He was quiet, just unpacking. 

All of a sudden, one of his buddies comes up and into the door of the room. This guy lit up all of a sudden. They're so talkative with so much to say. My roommate says, "Oh man.... Wait'll I show you this... I got this sword... You stick the sword up in the ground while you're asleep, and if an evil demi-god approaches while you're asleep it will wake you up and warn you of them approaching!" The other guy is awed by that, "Awww, maaaaan.... that is SO COOL!"

I realized why the other guy wanted to swap rooms with me.

Confused

Heh-heh... Actually, the guy turned out to be a very nice guy. He had his circle of D&D friends, and they'd have some epic D&D games in that room that would go on through the night. I actually ended up moving off-base about 2 or 3 months after getting in there. We stayed friends, still. The last I remember is us both playing on the intramural flag football team.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the witness for this proper time.

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
(01-05-2024, 02:13 PM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

You can add Face Book to that.
[Image: qF4AGFi.jpg]
[Image: ujd.jpg]